Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Djokovic in the debate for the greatest player of all time (GOAT) if he wins the Gold slam this year?
Is it a sealed deal even?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
He wouldn´t be a GOAT, but Saberg wrote big truth. He will rise to top 5, surpassing Nadal for example.

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
he would equal or slightly surpass Nadal since Nadal's career resume is too clay heavy anyway

but let's talk about this when he has 1 slam left to do it or so

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
he would equal or slightly surpass Nadal since Nadal's career resume is too clay heavy anyway

not career Slam man Golden Slam....if he wins all 4 Slams this year and a gold medal

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

I just felt we need this thread now after Nole demolished Lorenzi

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
not career Slam man Golden Slam....if he wins all 4 Slams this year and a gold medal
where did I say career slam? I know what a golden slam is

with 8 slams including the legendary calender grand slam (the gold medal isn't that huge of an addition) he would roughly equal or surpass Nadal's 10 slams without a CGS

but if it was that easy it would have been done by Federer or another all time great, or even Djokovic last year which was his best chance to do it really, if he couldn't take the pressure he faced in RG SF one can only imagine how would he play in USO with 3 slams on his back and that pressure to make history and all the hype, too big an ask

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
the goat debate is over people, delpo is the greatest tennis player of all time with the most perfect and complete game. this is the epitome of tennis, it will only go downhill from now on. the only way you will ever see another goat is if delpo dies and is reincarnated into some1 else.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
the goat debate is over people, delpo is the greatest tennis player of all time with the most perfect and complete game. this is the epitome of tennis, it will only go downhill from now on. the only way you will ever see another goat is if delpo dies and is reincarnated into some1 else.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
No. He'll still have only 8 slams & 2 years at No. 1, but the calendar slam is equivalent to 3 or 4 more slams.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
no you call me when the joke stops retiring from matches he knows he is going to lose.
like I give a fuck ...he is still a future Hall of Famer and multiple GS champion and Delpo even though I like him will never win a Masters let alone another Slam

1 - 20 of 22 Posts