Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm single and I couldn't synchronize my schedule with any of my friends this year.
So it's either I spend my vacation days at home or go somewhere on my own.
What do you guys think? Would you go on vacation in such conditions? Would you find it depressing?
I'm a bit of an introvert, so I'm not really counting on making friends with complete strangers.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
It depends on where you go, but it wouldn't be depressing imo, I think it would kinda cool doing so, wouldn't face much problems with the schedule and stuff like that.

·
41,440 Posts
I'm single and I couldn't synchronize my schedule with any of my friends this year.
So it's either I spend my vacation days at home or go somewhere on my own.
What do you guys think? Would you go on vacation in such conditions? Would you find it depressing?
I'm a bit of an introvert, so I'm not really counting on making friends with complete strangers.

Any ideas?
If you are really from Romania, come to our seaside, you will enjoy, there is everything here, places for chilling and for parties.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Try couchsurfing and hostels-- and you won't be always alone during the trip. ;)

I traveled a lot both ways: alone and with someone, and I can see why the first one might be depressing. Especially if it's longer than just a weekend trip.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are really from Romania, come to our seaside, you will enjoy, there is everything here, places for chilling and for parties.
I assume you mean Bulgaria. I'm considering it. It's cheaper than Romania, but I had the feeling Bulgaria is more familly oriented.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Try couchsurfing and hostels-- and you won't be always alone during the trip. ;)

I traveled a lot both ways: alone and with someone, and I can see why the first one might be depressing. Especially if it's longer than just a weekend trip.
I went to mountain-climbing trips on my own before. Sleeping in a tent. But I'm a bit of a mountain nut, so I don't really feel alone while climbing. But I'm looking for something less pysically demanding this time.
OTOH, I can't really picture myself going to the seaside alone, lieing on the beach all day alone, going to clubs alone. I get stressed just thinking about the possibility. It freaks me out.

Never tried staying in hostels. Might give it a try. Thx.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Absolutely no.

I never did a vacation alone, but I would love do to one! Just on your own, you can do whatever you want, it would be cool in my opinion.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
There is a ton of freedom with going anywhere alone. What kind of things are you interested in apart from Mountains? You could go to big cities like Bangkok, Bogota or New York, and go on tours or theme parks and mingle with the locals and other tourists, so you don't feel so alone (I personally enjoy not having anyone I know around for a few days, but I get how some folks find it depressing).

Though, I'd say if you're going on your own, it's best to go to an English speaking country or a country where you understand the language. Otherwise the loneliness factor goes through the roof.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
I went to mountain-climbing trips on my own before. Sleeping in a tent. But I'm a bit of a mountain nut, so I don't really feel alone while climbing. But I'm looking for something less pysically demanding this time.
OTOH, I can't really picture myself going to the seaside alone, lieing on the beach all day alone, going to clubs alone. I get stressed just thinking about the possibility. It freaks me out.

Never tried staying in hostels. Might give it a try. Thx.
Well, it depends what exactly do you want. If you want to go to a mountain, you could simply cross over to Serbia, there are plenty of mountains which are not really demanding, Kopaonik, Zlatibor, Tara etc. On the other hand, if you want something more urban this time you could visit Budapest, Prague, Vienna etc, you can do plenty of sightseeing/museums etc. on your own, plenty of things to keep you occupied and you don't need company.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
A vacation alone watching Tennis would be a good option, you are bound to meet people in the queues or in the stands at these events 9/10 who will probs just strike up a convo with you when they notice you are alone.

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
I've been on a couple of short trips by myself - and one of them was over my birthday weekend. :lol: I was in Paris (birthday weekend; my birthday is on Bastille Day and I wanted to watch the fireworks) and Rome by myself and they were great. Sometimes I like waking up in an unfamiliar city with no set plan and the complete freedom to just do whatever I want.

So go for it.

·
Your visions will happen
47,112 Posts
Vacationing alone is the best. Totally on your own, you pull the strings. It is liberating and you will discover things about yourself

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Personality types...people who can spend an entire summer alone vs. people who can't spend a single day alone. True story. Not sure if it's in your genes or an acquired skill.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
If I went to a tennis tournament on vacation, I'd rather go alone than with a Rafatard.

A Rafatard would be intolerable if Rafa won and couldn't stand my humor if Rafa lost.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts