Any thoughts on potential matchups?

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
ROFE i hope you bring Roger the good luck :devil:

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Just what the doctor ordered, some easier matches and time out on court. Giving there are no late withdrawals, his first final should come here, and Davydenko (maybe not, he does slip up in smaller tounreys) in the final.

Do some damage on the red dirt :bounce:

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Any thoughts on potential matchups?
Maybe a Volandri rematch? Or time to finally get a win against Hrbaty? ;)

The tournament looks like an excellent opportunity to start into the clay court season.

What about the rumour that Djokovic asked for a wildcard for Estoril by the way?

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe a Volandri rematch? Or time to finally get a win against Hrbaty? ;)

The tournament looks like an excellent opportunity to start into the clay court season.

What about the rumour that Djokovic asked for a wildcard for Estoril by the way?
Apparently that wuss wanted to wait till MC because he is too exhausted. :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
There's a thread in GM where Djokovic says he's going to rest until Monte Carlo, so apparently no WC for Djokovic.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
There's a thread in GM where Djokovic says he's going to rest until Monte Carlo, so apparently no WC for Djokovic.
Exhausted from signing his coffee table book I suspect. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nah, serious: I think Djoko actually wants to keep a healthy schedule for this year, concentrating on the Masters and GSs, to prevent a premature burn-out like he had last year, so he cut down the smaller tournaments. That's not a bad decision I'd think.
In all, I get the impression that the whole Djoko-to-appear-at-Estoril was never more than a rumour.

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Apparently that wuss wanted to wait till MC because he is too exhausted. :rolleyes: ;)
Thanks for the info :) I avoid Djokovic' threads on GM these days :p

A bit strange that he decided not to defend his title there, but on the other hand he knows what is best for him and his body. The season is long and greater challenges as Estoril await for him ;)

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
davydenko is going to be tough for federer esp when federer's movement being really terrible.

federer could play great defense in the past and force errors from davydenko going for too much. Now he cant do that.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
davydenko is going to be tough for federer esp when federer's movement being really terrible.

federer could play great defense in the past and force errors from davydenko going for too much. Now he cant do that.
Fed is going to win. MARK MY WORDS.

Denko is going to give the match to Fed since Fed defended him in the betting scandal. :)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Fed is going to win. MARK MY WORDS.

Denko is going to give the match to Fed since Fed defended him in the betting scandal. :)
Good one!

PS right now Roddick is having a handful at defeating Denko... TB. ;)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
:lol:mad: the title

God I hope so!!!!!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
My sense (and hope) is clay would be a more forgiving surface to TMF minus/Fed-lite. It may be here that he can actually play himself into shape. The points may be longer but with him being a step slower, it's a compensating factor, too.

1 - 20 of 830 Posts