Mens Tennis Forums banner

281 - 300 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i laughed when his coach said he's not worried about him gaining weight because he doesn't drink alcholhol. either he turns a blind eye to david's offcourt actions and hasn't seen the various vidoes and photos of him partying and drinking or he's just ignorant in that regard.or maybe i'm wrong and david held the alchohol but never drank it , lol.
First of all you're most welcome 0:)

I laughed too, I can confirm he definitely knows how to party haha...he was trashed after the DC final last year, when he went to party all night with the french guys. He was also seen completely drunk with Sock and KAndy in a night club >:) I think Thierry meant to say that, apart from these "take the lid off" moments, he's not the partying kind of guy and adheres to his diet strictly on normal days. Something that is quite of a sensitive subject in Belgium, considering how two careers were "ruined" or at least severaly affected by lack of work ethics in the last decade: Kristof Vliegen was downright alcoholic, and known to get drunk several times a week....and more importantly, Xavier Malisse, who is probably the most talented and underachieving male belgian player of all time, had a distinct beer belly because he was downing pints regularly in bars all around the world. What this guy could have achieved with some discipline and a few more brain cells is just SO frustrating even to this day. :crying:

·
73,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
First of all you're most welcome 0:)

I laughed too, I can confirm he definitely knows how to party haha...he was trashed after the DC final last year, when he went to party all night with the french guys. He was also seen completely drunk with Sock and KAndy in a night club >:) I think Thierry meant to say that, apart from these "take the lid off" moments, he's not the partying kind of guy and adheres to his diet strictly on normal days. Something that is quite of a sensitive subject in Belgium, considering how two careers were "ruined" or at least severaly affected by lack of work ethics in the last decade: Kristof Vliegen was downright alcoholic, and known to get drunk several times a week....and more importantly, Xavier Malisse, who is probably the most talented and underachieving male belgian player of all time, had a distinct beer belly because he was downing pints regularly in bars all around the world. What this guy could have achieved with some discipline and a few more brain cells is just SO frustrating even to this day. :crying:
Great post!

I wondered what had happened to Kristof Vliegen? I wanted a player's forum for him because he seemed to be up and coming. He got the player's forum and then was all of a sudden not up and coming :facepalm:

I hope nothing is seriously wrong with David :scared: I miss him too.

·
73,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
fingers crossed for tomorrow. hopefully good news .
Please post if you find out anything. Interestingly I found an article about David's start for 2019. I put it in the thread for 2019, but I found it strange for an article about 2019 right after David had shut down for 2018 :confused: Of course, the article was from last month.

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Please post if you find out anything. Interestingly I found an article about David's start for 2019. I put it in the thread for 2019, but I found it strange for an article about 2019 right after David had shut down for 2018 :confused: Of course, the article was from last month.
don't worry, i will

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
no word today so far. guess i should have known there wouldn't be any nbews the day of the scan. hopefully over the weekend though

·
73,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
no word today so far. guess i should have known there wouldn't be any nbews the day of the scan. hopefully over the weekend though
We might have to wait until Monday?

·
73,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
or longer apparently. i;m getting anxious i want to know if he got good news or not
I guess so. It is being to worry me as well :scared:

·
73,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
kind of doesn't make sense. he got the scan done on the 2nd, he should know by now. unless it's bad news and he's to disappointed to say anything at the moment
Maybe they are discussing treatment based on the results of the scan and they won't release the information until they can tell everything all at once?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Sorry, I'm half away with a serious injury of my own :(

I have news from David! I'll make it short as I'm not feeling too good.

I read in the belgian press that his second scan is very encouraging and that the oedema is receding, as expected. No further treatment is needed.

For the last month, David has been half relaxing, half building up his strength and stamina. He hasn't been able to touch a racquet since stopping as his injury needed total rest from that regard. He is going to Monaco now to prepare the 2019 season, he will start with a physical training block then will pick up the racquet again in 10 to 12 days.

They revealed his injury was caused by a hyperextension of his elbow during what appeared to be an insignificant fall in a match of the US swing in August (I don't remember that tbh) - apparently he used his wrist to catch himself and that causd the micro-fracture, then the oedema.

He will see the doctor again in Belgium right before Christmas but he is not being followed on a daily basis anymore as they say it is going well and he is pain-free. They did say, however, that he won't be fully match-fit at the very beginning of 2019 due to delayed preparation, so we should not expect miracles of him immediately. They also said that he will have to mind his body in the future, and that depending on the amount of matches played, they won't make him play more than 3 weeks consecutively anymore. Smart scheduling to spare him from future injuries.

Hope this reassures everyone! (the article was in french and in a subscriber only section so I can't link to it, but it had a very positive vibe from everyone who was interviewed) :)

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Sorry, I'm half away with a serious injury of my own :(

I have news from David! I'll make it short as I'm not feeling too good.

I read in the belgian press that his second scan is very encouraging and that the oedema is receding, as expected. No further treatment is needed.

For the last month, David has been half relaxing, half building up his strength and stamina. He hasn't been able to touch a racquet since stopping as his injury needed total rest from that regard. He is going to Monaco now to prepare the 2019 season, he will start with a physical training block then will pick up the racquet again in 10 to 12 days.

They revealed his injury was caused by a hyperextension of his elbow during what appeared to be an insignificant fall in a match of the US swing in August (I don't remember that tbh) - apparently he used his wrist to catch himself and that causd the micro-fracture, then the oedema.

He will see the doctor again in Belgium right before Christmas but he is not being followed on a daily basis anymore as they say it is going well and he is pain-free. They did say, however, that he won't be fully match-fit at the very beginning of 2019 due to delayed preparation, so we should not expect miracles of him immediately. They also said that he will have to mind his body in the future, and that depending on the amount of matches played, they won't make him play more than 3 weeks consecutively anymore. Smart scheduling to spare him from future injuries.

Hope this reassures everyone! (the article was in french and in a subscriber only section so I can't link to it, but it had a very positive vibe from everyone who was interviewed) :)
that's definitely good news and much appreciated. i haven't been able to find anything and i've been getting anxious. i'm glad he's pain free and everything is okay.glad he won't need any other tratements. to be honest i wasnt really having high hopes for him at the start anyway. he's been out for a couple months so i anticipated he wont in top gear again until maybe april but hopefully march.

it's smart on his part not to play to many consecutive weeks so i dont argue with anything in that regard. hopefully he'll stay injury free next year. hopefully he;ll get back in the top 10. my hope for him next year, aside from staying injury free is a deep run (maybe a win with some luck but i'll admit that's a long shot) at the french and a masters win somewhere. his best chances will always be on clay so im hoping he;ll be in full form by that time next year

also really sorry to hear you're injured yourself. what happened?

·
73,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Happy about the good news for David :) Sorry for the bad news @ZellKFF I hope you get well soon!

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
i know the scan came back good and that he's okay but it's weird that there's nothing out there for everyone to read about it . literally the only things im finding about him are how he's dropped out of the top 20 for the first time in 3 years.

david himself (who promised he'd keep everyone up to date) has been absent since october 20th.

not that he has to but it would be nice to get an update from him himself every now and then

·
73,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
i know the scan came back good and that he's okay but it's weird that there's nothing out there for everyone to read about it . literally the only things im finding about him are how he's dropped out of the top 20 for the first time in 3 years.

david himself (who promised he'd keep everyone up to date) has been absent since october 20th.

not that he has to but it would be nice to get an update from him himself every now and then
Yes indeed it would be nice to hear from him personally, of course, I would have to have a translation myself :facepalm:

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
i;d be going nuts right now if not for that post from zellkff. over a month since david's posted anything or any news from anywhere else.

hopefully we'll start getting updates from him on his off season and progress. think he was due to start hitting again by now

good hopes to zellkff himself too.

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
just found this video posted on his facebook fan group off functionla tennis's instagram page. it's him training at the morotaglu tennis academy

it doesn't look recent to me in that it's way to nice outside but, i don't know . also thought he was in monaco but this is in france.though i also don't know why you'd post a video to your account in november that's old lik it was new.i don't know though

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqUh2_dhbzk/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1idazl0gltqky&fbclid=IwAR0NJqguepBt1Cb0Z5gDxTaW7MUra0H_Zj9oS04c2iYBgz3pDXerPML5jqI

if it is recent he looks good and it's good to see things are going well. moving well, hitting well. looks shaggy too.

·
73,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
just found this video posted on his facebook fan group off functionla tennis's instagram page. it's him training at the morotaglu tennis academy

it doesn't look recent to me in that it's way to nice outside but, i don't know . also thought he was in monaco but this is in france.though i also don't know why you'd post a video to your account in november that's old lik it was new.i don't know though

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqUh2_dhbzk/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1idazl0gltqky&fbclid=IwAR0NJqguepBt1Cb0Z5gDxTaW7MUra0H_Zj9oS04c2iYBgz3pDXerPML5jqI

if it is recent he looks good and it's good to see things are going well. moving well, hitting well. looks shaggy too.
I'm like you this doesn't look current, but if it isn't current why post it?

281 - 300 of 300 Posts