Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 4 8.5%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both have incredible high peaks. For Stan you only have to look at his incredible performances at the AO in 2013 and 2014, and for Jo you only have to look at the AO 2008 and Wimbledon 2011.

But who do you think has a higher peak? Personally I would say Jo, but it would be a hell of a battle :)

Reactions: Nole Rules

·
Premium Member
9,191 Posts
1>0

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
When Tsonga catches courage he is unstoppable. I can't say the same about Wawrinka

·
Registered
372 Posts
Depends on the surface really, Stan on a slow surface is clearly better and Jo is better on a faster surface. I have seen Jo play some incredible tennis on slow courts too though (and can't really say the same for Stan on a fast court) so I give him the slight edge.

·
Registered
14,476 Posts
Stan.

Depends on the surface really, Stan on a slow surface is clearly better and Jo is better on a faster surface. I have seen Jo play some incredible tennis on slow courts too though (and can't really say the same for Stan on a fast court) so I give him the slight edge.

I assume US Open and London WTF don't count as fast courts?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Only peak 2007 Federer could talk about beating GOD mode Stan in 2014 AO. Peak Tsonga got owned by Djokovic both times.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
peak tsonga

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
So you would have said Tsonga if he was the one who got an injured opponent in the final ? Strange way of thinking.

Stan everywhere but grass.
When did Wawrinka play as good as Tsonga in Bercy 2008 and WTF 2011 indoors ?

I assume US Open and London WTF don't count as fast courts?
I don't think so but anyway I can't remember Wawrinka playing incredible tennis at WTF.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
I'll go with Tsonga.

Peak Wawrinka is one of those 'peaks' who still is not able to win against big4 without any help.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Only peak 2007 Federer could talk about beating GOD mode Stan in 2014 AO. Peak Tsonga got owned by Djokovic both times.
Peak Federer would destroy peak Wawrinka in straight sets anywhere.
Peak Wawrinka got owned by average Djokovic at AO 2013 btw, one year later he was lucky Novak wasn't even half decent...

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
I'll go with Tsonga.

Peak Wawrinka is one of those 'peaks' who still is not able to win against big4 without any help.
He can beat Murray without any help.

But yeah, the answer here is Tsonga clearly.

·
Registered
14,476 Posts
Peak Wawrinka got owned by average Djokovic at AO 2013 btw, one year later he was lucky Novak wasn't even half decent...

:bs:

·
Registered
14,476 Posts
Nice try.
But no, it happened. Not taking any credit from him. But that wasn't Stan's peak IMO.

Peak Wawrinka happened when he spanked Murray at the US Open, and last time I checked Murray was a Member of the Big 4.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Peak Wawrinka happened when he spanked Murray at the US Open, and last time I checked Murray was a Member of the Big 4.
Wawrinka may be more dangerous against Murray, but the latter is the weakest member of the Big 4. Against any of the Big 3, Tsonga has a much better record than Wawrinka.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Novak was not "average" in that AO '13 match. :lol: He played at a very high level despite being outplayed for most of it.

Anyways, this matchup is surface dependent.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts