Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally like to see players play it out but matches like Davenport vs. Dementieva make me glad there is a final set TB. If not, they probably would've traded breaks until 18-16, extending the match by anohter 2 hours.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The crowd seemed pretty animated during this match since it wasn't all that bad. But everyone's waiting for the next one. :)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Dementiva managed to win. :tape: In a way, I guess I wanted Lindsay to win, since if she got to the final and Clijsters won the whole thing, it would mean that Kim beat Venus, Sharapova, and Davenport - but poor Elena needed a good win like that, I guess. :lol:

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clutch play by Lena at the end. She had plenty of opportunities to choke it all away but didn't. Agassi/Blake a couple of minutes away.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Elena :woohoo:

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
NYCtennisfan said:
I personally like to see players play it out but matches like Davenport vs. Dementieva make me glad there is a final set TB. If not, they probably would've traded breaks until 18-16, extending the match by anohter 2 hours.
Good lord yeah! They went on a like 6 break back to back streak.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
NYCtennisfan said:
Clutch play by Lena at the end. She had plenty of opportunities to choke it all away but didn't. Agassi/Blake a couple of minutes away.
choking away is not an opportunity. an opportunity is something positive that you pursue. so choking can't be an opportunity unless you mean to lose purposely

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Women suck blah blah blah, they embarrased themselves blah blah blah, who knows what the score line would have been?

It was an entertaining match, and I think the final set tie break still undoes a whole matches' effort.

Some people will knock the WTA with their snide, unnecessary comments any chance they get...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Bollocks to that....thank god the other slams don't have a 5th set tie-break. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts