Mens Tennis Forums banner

Do you believe there is, or that there can be a tennis GOAT?

• GOAT remains a purely subjective category, depends on who you ask

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's get this out in the open and count the votes, this 'GOAT debate' has polluted tennis for long enough. I think it's disrespectful towards the legends and the very spirit of the sport to claim that one player is the greatest of them all. It shows a disregard for the variety of the game, the history, not to mention the difficulty of comparing the different eras with the vastly different conditions for players who, for example, played in the 60s and 70s to players active today.

Neither can we simply count the numbers of proclaiming the 'GOAT' while ignoring all the other important aspects of the game that can't be measured, such as mental tenacity, fighting spirit, stamina, player's persona, which are all essential for an individual sport that tennis is.

The 'GOAT debate' though, provides excellent material for journalists but I'm sure more serious analysts don't fall into this trap. I'll even disregard the obvious fact that the 'GOAT debate' remains the endless battleground for big 3 tards on MTF and other internet forums and will include the poll so let's count the votes!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts