Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided we might as well create a thread for the Japanese no.1 :yeah:

He has had some pretty decent results on the challenger tour and nearly qualified for the Wimbledon MD this year.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
:yeah:

hope the Japanese can form some healthy competition driving them to a higher level!

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Indeed I saw him briefly in his qualifying match at Roehampton but I left after he won the first set. It was a good contest but he must have been outlasted by his more experienced opponent.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
He was trying to come into the net a lot which was good because he was mostly being overpowered from the back of the court. I wouldn't call him an outright serve-volleyer, he wasn't charging in on every point. But he didn't have much power so when he wanted to take control of the rallies he had to rely on his speed and accuracy.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ;) I just watched his match against Peng Sun in the Davis Cup and I would say you described his game really well :)

Does anyone want the link of his match against Sun?

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Thanks ;) I just watched his match against Peng Sun in the Davis Cup and I would say you described his game really well :)

Does anyone want the link of his match against Sun?
Yes for sure thomas. :)

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Soeda won the Manta challenger in Ecuador :bigclap:

He has been droping in the rankings, this is a good start to get back in form and achieve more results consistently.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
US OPen R1 vs Cilic

lets hope he can continue his form and cause an upset...

·
Registered
4,484 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Go lost in another final of a challenger >.<

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Soeda, Champion in Kyoto, Japan :yeah:

Finals
(5)Go Soeda (JPN) d. (3)Matthias Bachinger (GER) 7-6(0) 2-6 6-4

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Time for a bump. :D

Go has been playing well this year on the challenger tour, 3 titles, 1 semi final and 2quarterfinals.
He is close to the top 100 also, currently at 115.
This week, he plays at Izmir I think.

He plays Ti Chen in round one.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Yes, 115... so far it's a good year for Soeda. Made alot of improvement in his ranking and already 3 challenger titles. :)

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
in his 3rd set vs. Jo Sirianni Aussie Open quali he managed to turn a 5-0-lead into a 6-8-loss

that's so bad, it's almost funny:eek:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts