Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be big for him... But to be fair, it would be as big for Ginepri. I just love Gasquet's game, however. Rooting for him here. He's slower than I thought, though :( I thought he could move like Nadal, Hewitt, Coria, but that's certainly not the case.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
decemberlove said:
He wasn't this slow his first [although he was a bit up & down] and second round matches. He appears to me to be a bit worn down.
You're still getting it?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Fight Richie! never really seen his game til now....it's lovely :hearts:

·
Registered
558 Posts
I saw Richard against Ivan the other day in person and while Ivan is not a speedy fox, I would say Richard is deceptively fast. Or maybe it's just his great anticipation. He moved languidly, but showed up at the ball with great balance.

I wouldn't say he's the speediest guy out there, but he has great movement skills. Perhaps he just needs to work on his conditioning to go far in grand slams.

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
well you should be use to him being up and down

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ginepri was moving pretty well, on the other hand. Yeah, I haven't really seen much of Gasquet at all, but I knew his stature wasn't great, so I assumed his movement is top-notch, but he seems to get by on his shot-making. Perhaps you are right, he's just worn down (three looong matches), because to me it seems that if he could be super quick, he would be top-10 for sure...

His feet look kind of bulky though... He doesn't seem to be light-footed. Seems like he has a lot of lower body strength, but not particularly a great mover. Don't know, just an observation.

·
Registered
558 Posts
He moves very fluidly I think. Moves forward beautifully.

Perhaps doesn't have the conditioning?

And I think he will be top 10 by the end of the year -- he's on the verge now.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Richie is done, he seems too tired at this point. That DF at BP said it all

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, he's done. Two breaks. Man... No breakthrough for Gasquet still. Quarters for Ginepri is a breakthrough, however, so I'm happy for him. He has a good chance against Coria, also.

·
Registered
558 Posts
He's #12 now -- I expect him to do well indoors based on his shotmaking skills, think he will pass Gaudio and Puerta at least by the end of the year. He even has a small shot at Shanghai.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
0-4 :sad: good effort from gasquet given his injury though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts