Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope Australia can win the Davis Cup !! It's going to be really hard without Pat Rafter but I'm sure Lleyton will play his best and they'll win !!!:bounce:

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Well, Henman had a highly creditable result at Monte Carlo last year when he made the semi-finals, and Rusedski has reached the last 16 at the French before... but since neither of them are on the team, it's not so much a question of their replacements sucking on clay, it's that they've never even been able to play on it to find out how much they suck.

Hmm, might not be staying up past midnight to eagerly check the live scores for this one.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I'm not surprised - it may sound defeatist, but in this kind of situation there really is no point in deluding yourself. Oh well, guess it's back to the relegation-tie drawing board...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I really don't care fore Australia but in Lleyki spirit, I will say bonne chance to Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lley Lley, win all your matches kid!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Some betting statistics from the BBC website

Davis Cup odds
Australia to beat GB: 1-66

GB to beat Australia: 14-1

Australia to win overall: 9-4

GB to win overall: 250-1

Amount bet with William Hill on GB beating Australia: £0

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Lleykimmy1 said:
I really hope Australia can win the Davis Cup !! It's going to be really hard without Pat Rafter but I'm sure Lleyton will play his best and they'll win !!!:bounce:
Rafter actually doesn't have a great DC record. He lost more than half his matches and had to retire a few times.:sad: We currently have Lleyton in good form (he didn't make an UE in the first 2 sets today) and Philippoussis seems to have hit himself back into some form after a long break due to injury

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't know that Mark was going to play so that's why I said that it was going to be hard and I didn't know that Henman and Rusedski wouldn't play.......

BUT IT'S ACTUALLY 3-0 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts