Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think this should be moved to off topic or the ruins since the Moderator will probably deal directly with GM and the ruins.

If I had the same free time as the past I would be happy to apply and lead MTF to glory and victory, but I think I would be pretty unreliable due to time.

What do people think? Maybe all those complaining about corruption should apply themselves

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I hope they'll filter out all the of those at the extreme end of the tard spectrum but then I guess they'd have to look outside MTF for moderators.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
But actually, I don't think MTF needs much moderation at all except to move a few ruinous threads to the ruins. It's fine as it is.
I am quite sure it is way much more than moving threads to the ruins.

Interesting but a very tough job to be modding MTF, taking into account the unique culture of the forum, variety of members, decision making process etc. I believe the recent system upgrade has been causing trouble too so there is extra work. It requires some different skills, understanding and commitment to be a mod here I think. It could be rewarding in itself if you love this place.

Just wish luck to all the applicants.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I'm too lazy for this but my laziness level depends on how much money Steve offers.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I have been trying to manipulate some of MTF's finest into applying, but to no avail xD
I am sure they would nevet allow any blatant tards to become mods, or people that have shown poor judgemental or social skills, which narrows it down really really well...

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I am quite sure it is way much more than moving threads to the ruins.

Interesting but a very tough job to be modding MTF, taking into account the unique culture of the forum, variety of members, decision making process etc. I believe the recent system upgrade has been causing trouble too so there is extra work. It requires some different skills, understanding and commitment to be a mod here I think. It could be rewarding in itself if you love this place.

Just wish luck to all the applicants.
So what do you think requires moderating on MTF? Can you give an example post you'd "moderate"? Excessive moderation just results in powertripping.

·
Registered
21,128 Posts
I have been trying to manipulate some of MTF's finest into applying, but to no avail xD
I am sure they would nevet allow any blatant tards to become mods, or people that have shown poor judgemental or social skills, which narrows it down really really well...
I wouldn’t too sure about that ;p I mean it’s subjective of course, but we had a lot of examples of that already lol

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
I hope they'll filter out all the of those at the extreme end of the tard spectrum but then I guess they'd have to look outside MTF for moderators.
Yes, we’ve been asking the finest scientists and psychologists the past days if they want to moderate here

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I do hope some of the people that complain the most about modding do apply for it.
I'm not saying we can't complain if we are not mods but at the very least the people with the big ideas get the chance to make MTF the MTF they want it to be.

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Nowadays MTF is visited by several dozens of users at most, even less posting. I wonder who thinks it really needs more than 6 admins, 5 super mods and 8 mods.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
So what do you think requires moderating on MTF? Can you give an example post you'd "moderate"? Excessive moderation just results in powertripping.
Not looking to be a mod at the moment so I'd skip the interview question. :p

Just saying it ought to be a more difficult job than you think. I for one is against excessive moderation lol. But even non-action re a red flag issue requires a decision making process, not to mention there are other actions mods can take regarding a post (or on a user, infraction, banning) than moving it to the ruins. For myself judgement of this kind requires appreciation and understanding of the nuances. That is what I meant and I describe the job as tough doesn't mean I am for over-zealous moderation.

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
I might be wrong but I think c.a. 50% of mods are inactive.
If so wouldn't it make sense getting the current staff in order before adding new members?

·
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm thinking about applying.... I think it might be more do able then I thought

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.