Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What a really good match for those who saw it, Ruben served for the 1st and 3rd set's at 5-4 and lost them, really good hitting aggressive play from both, so happy for Niels, he fought harder and deserved it in his 1st ever CH final, if he can keep this level he will keep rising, reaches a career high ranking.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Peak Chokelmans. He had the break advantage in the 3 sets but only won one. :lol: DFs on important points. Nothing new Bemelmans' matches are very often enjoyable but his limitless choking really hurts his career.

·
Registered
11,905 Posts
I was at this match and it was very entertaining. Desein has improved a lot since I last watched him a year ago and I can see why he is moving up the rankings. He was the more aggressive of the two and there is a lot to like about his forehand which is a real weapon when he is given time to set it up. His 1st serve is quite impressive but his 2nd serve is awful. He pretty much rolls it in and it says a lot about Bemelmans that it wasn't punished more.

I was impressed with Desein today, he's fun to watch and was the definite crowd favourite but he really needs to work on that serve if wants to cfontinue rising. Well done on his first Challenger title. :yeah:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Peak Chokelmans. He had the break advantage in the 3 sets but only won one. :lol: DFs on important points. Nothing new Bemelmans' matches are very often enjoyable but his limitless choking really hurts his career.
Not only that, he wasted three SP in the first set and a MP in the third set. He has been playing well lately, but these are the kind of losses that keep him from reaching top 100.

Niels :eek: Didn't see this one coming, but it's nice to see him taking it to the next levels after all those years :yeah:

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
fuck, nesein with a challenger title :lol: well done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts