Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"But the life of a tennis player is a life of extremes. Extreme when it comes to emotions, extreme considering all the things you have to cope with. It's necessarily borderline." (Wawrinka)

(About the man standing at the base of his career: )

He is aware that if the following development had not occurred, there would be no champion Wawrinka today: "The life we ​​lead, we are eventually forced to open. And, voila, I have developed as a person. With the result that I feel a lot more comfortable with myself nowadays. It's the story of my life and of myself as a man. "

When asked who the most important person in the process was, the answer comes quickly - and surprises: It is the conditioning coach, he shares for twelve years with Roger Federer, "Pierre Paganini.". "You see him very rarely, his name is scarcely mentioned ," he says. "But he has helped me tremendously and is at the base of my career, in many ways. He not only made me physically stronger, but also mentally and tennis-wise. He has given me a lot, in every phase. He often told me things which I realized only later, were right."

Attachments

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Stan is crazy strong, so I'm not surprised that his conditioning coach is important to him. Plus he's avoided any major injuries over the past three years, which is fantastic. Woooo Pierre! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts