Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests give me 3 bold predictions or not so bold ones about the big 3 in the coming years. I’ll kick things off.

Federer - Won’t win another slam and will retire at the end of 2020.

Nadal - will use his consistency at RG the next few years plus the odd chance of a slam off clay to match federers slam count at 20. But won’t pass it.

Djokovic - will beat federers weeks at #1 record but will fall agonisly short of the the slam count record at 19.

·
Registered
203 Posts
To the OP, Federer & Rafa predictions are not very bold. Seems to be the most likely scenario in both cases.

Agree about Nole. I think he will reach 18 or 19 GS and possibly get near or passed Fed in weeks at #1.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Federer: won't win another slam, not even another Masters

Nadal: will win only one last RG in 2020, not much else whatsoever apart from a few clay Masters and will retire in 2021

Djokovic: will win another 5-6 slams, but won't surpass Federer, will decline steeply after reaching 34. He'll get a very good record vs NextGen over the years though overall...

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
As the title suggests give me 3 bold predictions or not so bold ones about the big 3 in the coming years. I’ll kick things off.

Federer - Won’t win another slam and will retire at the end of 2020.

Nadal - will use his consistency at RG the next few years plus the odd chance of a slam off clay to match federers slam count at 20. But won’t pass it.

Djokovic - will beat federers weeks at #1 record but will fall agonisly short of the the slam count record at 19.
Won't pass it? If I were Rafa reading this, I would be really pissed off by your statement, and I might even consider to just play 2 months of tennis from mid-April to mid-June and win 4 RGs for the next 4 years to get to 21 slams, and spend the remaining 10 months in a year with Xisca on the beach.

Just to prove you wrong. What kind of a Rafa fan are you? I am really pissed, right now.

·
Registered
413 Posts
These three have changed our parameters of the word 'bold' so much that nothing great they achieve is bold wrt them, except maybe unexpected failures.

Anyway,
Federer: Retires in 2019
Djokovic: Expect changes in his game, increased use of the slice and even more effective serve. Becomes fast court GOAT. Beats Fed's GS Tally.
Nadal: Becomes even more aggressive, one hard court slam. Ends at par with Roger or at 19.

No bold predictions here.

PS: The only 'resolution' for all three would be to end at an equal number or 1 slam within. If Novak ends up with 19, he will be excused and be considered as great as he would have most of the other records by then. Nadal probably won't have that luxury.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Federer will win another slam next year, and retire near the end of 2020.
Nadal will win dominate the clay season with 1 or fewer losses for the next 3 years.
Djokovic will not win more than 3 slams in the next 3 years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Federer wins 5 more slams. Retires as GOAT FOREVER
Nadal wins 3 more RG and retires.
Djokovic blows elbow out again, never wins anything again.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
All three will win 2 more slams.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Federer wins couple more slams in next two years but his sticks around to inflate his master's win record
Nadal wins one more clay slam and retires in 2020.
Djokovic wins 2 each in next couple years and 1 more in 2021.Gets back the most Masters record though.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
1. As I said in his quest thread, in 2019, No1e will win the Grand Slam next year for 6 consecutive majors to tie the great Donnie Budge and his 18th major overall. Then ala Rod Laver, he will never win another major. Which is fine. He will get his long due recognition & adulation because of the stellar 2018-2019, confirming his status as one of the greatest players ever and eventually become president of Serbia.

2. Rafa will win another Roland Garros in 2020 and retire shortly after to sire little bulls.

3. Roger will win his last major in 2020, pass Connors with 110-115 titles and focus on further development of the Legends Tour (Laver Cup, etc).

21 > 18 = 18

non-big 5:

One or more of the younger players will win 2 majors in 2020, and then thereafter they will own the majors as the big 5 finally move on to greener pastures.

Respectfully,
masterclass

P.S. Big 5
- Andy will retire to the Scottish countryside to his hotel after winning a gold medal in Tokyo with his brother, and Stanimal will open a new restaurant chain.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
all 3 will reitre within the next 2 years bc of an injury

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Nadal will get married

1 - 16 of 16 Posts