Mens Tennis Forums banner

Ginepri may beat nadal

1K views 39 replies 28 participants last post by  Scotso 
#1 ·
if they both make it to meet each other

#3 ·
ugotlobbed said:
if they both make it to meet each other
James may beat Nadal...If they both make it.

Anything is Possible.

#4 ·
Pigs will fly the day Blake beats Rafael Nadal. ;)

Sheep will start skipping over the moon the night Ginepri beats Rafael Nadal. ;)

#5 ·
Pigs will fly the day Blake beats Rafael Nadal.

Sheep will start skipping over the moon the night Ginepri beats Rafael Nadal.
I don't know....Nadal did not really lock into his form during the first two matches and both Robby and James are in great form. (He said that he played an ugly match in the first round and did not really play well in the second round.) If Nadal doesn't get back into the form he showed in Montreal he could go out sooner rather than later, as much as it pains me to say. So maybe I will have to look out the window on Saturday to see if there are any flying farm animals. ;)

#7 ·
I think Nadal can raise the level of his game when he needs to.

However, I will become James Blake biggest fan (and that's a lot from me given the fact that I don't care very much for him) if he gets rid of Nadal for my Roger. But, I know that isn't going to happen. I am sure we will be having a Federer/Nadal final.

#9 ·
I still see Rafa as the winner but I wouldn't be surprised if Robby does it. I like his chances more than James.

#10 ·
mandoura said:
I still see Rafa as the winner but I wouldn't be surprised if Robby does it. I like his chances more than James.

I agree, Ginepri has more of a chance against Rafa than James.

#12 ·
If Blake serves at a reasonably high % (58%-62%), doesn't make too many errors, then he will give Nadal a battle. Blake can really hit the FH and his BH every once in a while too. If Nadal stands I0 feet behind the baseline like last night, James can move him around. I think we'll see a different, more aggressive Nadal though.

#14 ·
ahhh.... hellooooo..... Ginepri has to beat Haas in the next round. Haas leads 3-0 on their head to head. Provided that Ginepri manages to beat Haas for the first time, he'll play Gasquett or Ljubicic. Nadal has a hell of a lot of work to do before reaching the semis, but you cannot take for granted that Ginepri will make it there that easily.

#17 ·
mangoes said:
Pigs will fly the day Blake beats Rafael Nadal. ;)

Sheep will start skipping over the moon the night Ginepri beats Rafael Nadal. ;)
i'm going to rememeber you said that and i hope that statement comes back to haunt you

#18 ·
mangoes said:
I think Nadal can raise the level of his game when he needs to.

However, I will become James Blake biggest fan (and that's a lot from me given the fact that I don't care very much for him) if he gets rid of Nadal for my Roger. But, I know that isn't going to happen. I am sure we will be having a Federer/Nadal final.
It almost seems as though you are afraid that Fed may have to meet Nadal. I think it would be great if they did. I want Fed to be challenged by Nadal.

I think Blake has a very good chance to beat Nadal. He has to be more consistent and not go for outright forehand winners most of the time. In fact, after watching Ginepri and Blake play, I think Blake has a better chance to beat Nadal.

#19 ·
PamV said:
That's hard to say. I think both Robby and James are on a similar level. Doesn't James have a better serve?
james has a better serve robby has a better return of serve!

#23 ·
isn't it too early to said this, better to wait till they really meet ;)

#24 ·
nadal will beat either of the two

#25 ·
mimi said:
isn't it too early to said this, better to wait till they really meet ;)
it's never to early to make predictions, if you don't fear to look dumb afterwards ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.