Registered
13,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well played Robby.

Good luck agianst Roger..

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
yes, Robby, yes. Didn't think he could do it.

his reward? Second round against Federer. That will be, um, interesting.

·
29,767 Posts
Melzer is a mug. He choked away *4-3 and 30-0 in the second.

Ginepri always likes Madrid. His tourney will end next round though.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
If anything, he gets a crack at Roger at the ideal time to have any chance at all of an upset. Tall order still.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I belive Robby can get a set of Roger.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Ginepri has a chance to win a set or make it like 7:6 7:5 for Roger. We know how Roger plays these early matches, especially after a long break

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
we all know how Robby was playing in the summer of 2005

Federer rolls this time around

·
Registered
286 Posts
Melzer had a meltdown.

He went up a mini-break in the second set tiebreak. In the tiebreak, there were two close line calls that went against him.

He started arguing with umpire Bernardos and got pretty angry. He then smashed his racket on the ground. The racket was slightly chipped, and Melzer spent about one minute at the baseline trying to patch it back into place while Ginepri was waiting to serve.

Bernardos then called a time penalty on Melzer. Melzer played with the chipped racket, hit a couple of really bad shots with it, and lost the tiebreaker and eventually the match.

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Jürgen, what a wasted chance :fiery:

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Robby matches up well with Fed, actually. If you look at their previous matches, Robby just isn't anywhere near the caliber player to beat Fed. I don't see Fed winning 1 and 2, or anything like that.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Robby matches up well with Fed, actually. If you look at their previous matches, Robby just isn't anywhere near the caliber player to beat Fed. I don't see Fed winning 1 and 2, or anything like that.
I agree. I think it will be a tough match.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Okay, now I'm curious. What happened in Cinci's 2005 Semis?
Nothing particular, Roger was playing utter crap the entire tournament and Ginepri had the summer of his life, he actually exhibited signs of a functioning tennis brain that have not been seen since that period.

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
Nothing particular, Roger was playing utter crap the entire tournament and Ginepri had the summer of his life, he actually exhibited signs of a functioning tennis brain that have not been seen since that period.
R64 Blake, James (USA) 70 7-6(3) 7-5
R32 Kiefer, Nicolas (GER) 38 4-6 6-4 6-4
R16 Rochus, Olivier (BEL) 34 6-3 6-4
Q Acasuso, Jose (ARG) 52 6-4 6-3
S Ginepri, Robby (USA) 58 4-6 7-5 6-4
W Roddick, Andy (USA) 5 6-3 7-5

Utter crap? Losing a set to Kiefer, who has beaten and repetitively done well against Federer in the past, is utter crap?

:bs:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Robby! :bigclap:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts