Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently ranked 111, his result in Las Vegas should get him into some bigger tournaments again.

I like what I am seeing from him this week. Seems to be playing with "controlled aggression". Looks to be in great shape too.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Re: Ginepri crushes gulbis 1 and 2

Ginepri should win the title.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts

Whoops, Gulbis is on poor form. Gineprick should clinch the title if Anderson This Week Surprise won't.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts

Unforced errors:

Ginepri = 12
Gulbis = 32

·
Registered
2,603 Posts

What the hell is wrong with Gulbis? :mad: That scoreline is shameful.

Great for Robby though! :D

Indeed Robby's game is much better with Higueras. He's mixing up his shots a lot more. Taking the pace off or going for angles against Baghdatis worked wonders -- and probably did against Gulbis as well.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts

The only good thing is that Ginepri will get direct entry to the French Open. With some luck we may see an entertaining match, like the one against Djokovic.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

Congrats to Robby for making his 3rd consecutive semifinal!! :worship:

Robby's been writing a blog on the tournament website, and in one of the entries, he said:
"My tennis has been improving since I started working with my coach Jose Higueras. He really stresses the mentality of just taking care of my work day by day and my results will show up. There's just such a high respect level I have for him so I'm playing not only for myself, but I find myself playing for him as well."​

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

Unforced errors:

Ginepri = 12
Gulbis = 32
Pretty much tells the story. Looks like Gulbis was bashing the ball everywhere, but not inside the lines :lol:

Ginepri with 100% BP convertion - 4/4. Not bad.

Oh well, even the scoreline is tragic, I'm not too disappointed. S**t happens :)

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

:sad:

But I'm never surprised by any scorelines in Ernie's matches. He's like a poor man's Tursunov, he bashes all his shots and either all of them find the court or none of them do. It always leads to very volatile results.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

Robby's been writing a blog on the tournament website, and in one of the entries, he said:
"My tennis has been improving since I started working with my coach Jose Higueras. He really stresses the mentality of just taking care of my work day by day and my results will show up. There's just such a high respect level I have for him so I'm playing not only for myself, but I find myself playing for him as well."​
The original entry, written by Robby, looked like this:

"Me like Jose. He make me gud and I win matches."

(I'm just kidding, sometimes Robby is an easy target. Really, I'm glad to see him playing well again.)

·
Registered
9,716 Posts

Ginepri Looks a different guy out of there

He should play much more better than last year.

He has lots of room to go. Let's Robby

·
Registered
9,716 Posts

The only good thing is that Ginepri will get direct entry to the French Open. With some luck we may see an entertaining match, like the one against Djokovic.
Luck is better than Goods

LUCK Draw always help

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts

At least Ernests won 1 more game than Evgeny today. :lol:

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,846 Posts

That's quite nice.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

At least Ernests won 1 more game than Evgeny today. :lol:
Umm... yes :yeah:

Judging from the scorelines, it looks like that both youngsters have been drinking :drink: together heavily in yesterday's evening :lol:

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts

It's a very ugly match from Gulbis. A totally different player from USO07. He was spraying shots left and right. His serve was terrible especially in first set, when they hardlly found the service box. Easy putaway dropped to the net or way long. He was so careless that you felt he just wanted to get out of the court, no emotion at all.

Ginepri played OK tennis and that's good enough to win the match 2 and 1.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts