Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a shame that there was no livestream (or a UE/W statistic), that was probably a very entertaining match. I can only guess that Muller was tired and his strong service (23 aces) saved him in the end.

All the more reason to be happy about the result then, that's his fourth Challenger title in 2014 (his tenth overall) and his third title in a row! I'd love to know what's the record for most consecutive Challenger titles. Muller is at 35-4 this year, rises to #113 in the rankings now and #31 in the race. :worship: He'll play in Busan next week to maybe complete his Asia sweep before the grass "season".

Edit: Some more statistics, just because.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
amazing for muller again. into top 100 again really really soon...

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Is it possible for him to play RG as a direct entry if he wins Busan?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Only way for him to play in Roland Garros is WC (which is very doubtful IMO) - he's 91st on Alt list and he didn't sign for qualies.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Muller said a few months ago that he's not going to play RG this year, so even a WC wouldn't help. Not that he would benefit from a participation anyway, since he only won one match in his whole career in the main tournament.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
What a shame that there was no livestream (or a UE/W statistic), that was probably a very entertaining match. I can only guess that Muller was tired and his strong service (23 aces) saved him in the end.

All the more reason to be happy about the result then, that's his fourth Challenger title in 2014 (his tenth overall) and his third title in a row! I'd love to know what's the record for most consecutive Challenger titles. Muller is at 35-4 this year, rises to #113 in the rankings now and #31 in the race. :worship: He'll play in Busan next week to maybe complete his Asia sweep before the grass "season".

Edit: Some more statistics, just because.
And he's started the year around 400, no?

:worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
damn Ito was so close
why is Muller playing tourneys in asia anyways when theres european challengers by the hundreds ???

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
damn Ito was so close
why is Muller playing tourneys in asia anyways when theres european challengers by the hundreds ???
Because he's a claycourt mug

·
Registered
26,080 Posts
You would expect a player with Lacko's weapons to win at least one out of three matches, but I guess typical Lacko to fold under pressure.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
damn Ito was so close
because the asian events are on hard and the european events currently taking place are on clay. he's going where he knows he can do well and on a surface he can play well. would make no sense to go play european clay events where he'd likely be losing earlier and when he has no plans to even try and play the french

·
Registered
299 Posts
Congrats Muller, amazing :worship:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts