Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Gilles-Simon-Ends-Up-in-a-Hospital-articolo19274.html

During breakfast, Gilles was struck by a sadden pain and fell unconscious as he reveals:

"Suddenly I fell into apples and found myself lying on the floor. While falling I cut my chin open. I was taken to the hospital, where they closed the wound and had to undertake other medical examinations to understand what happened. I am still waiting to know the results".

Now the situation is under control, but "Gillou" - his nickname - will have to take few days off to rest. "I couldn't train today" he revealed, "I still feel too weak to do that and when I move my head the stitches hurt".

After the scare, the French should be able to fly to Toronto to start his hard court campaign in North America. For now though, Gilles wants to take one step at a time. "This sickness is like a pinball. As an athlete I must feel confident about my body. I will now have to find that confidence back" concluded Simon.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Sounds scary, hopefully it's nothing too serious.

The guy always looks skinny and sickly, to be fair, perhaps he should pack on some weight.

·
Registered
437 Posts
He got knocked out by pushing. I always tell my studs to stop pushing otherwise they'll end up in hospitals. All the best to him.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
This incident happened to Gilles the day before his match and not after, as the article states.

It's why he couldn't serve, felt awful and retired. Fingers crossed it is not anything serious.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Not a fan of the guy but wouldn't wish injury on any player, and this sounds pretty scary. Fingers crossed he will be ok.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
i hope he gets well soon, this has happened to me and it's damn scary.

and i hope whoever has translated the text from French explains to me what it means to fall into the apples :lol:

you can't translate a French saying literally lol

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Get well soon Gilles

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Gilles-Simon-Ends-Up-in-a-Hospital-articolo19274.html

During breakfast, Gilles was struck by a sadden pain and fell unconscious as he reveals:

"Suddenly I fell into apples and found myself lying on the floor. While falling I cut my chin open. I was taken to the hospital, where they closed the wound and had to undertake other medical examinations to understand what happened. I am still waiting to know the results".

Now the situation is under control, but "Gillou" - his nickname - will have to take few days off to rest. "I couldn't train today" he revealed, "I still feel too weak to do that and when I move my head the stitches hurt".

After the scare, the French should be able to fly to Toronto to start his hard court campaign in North America. For now though, Gilles wants to take one step at a time. "This sickness is like a pinball. As an athlete I must feel confident about my body. I will now have to find that confidence back" concluded Simon.

please say he passed out instead of translating this word for word :lol:

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
googled "Gilles Simon pomme" and found Simon's quote in french:

"Je suis tombé d'un coup dans les pommes et je me suis étalé de tout mon long sur le carrelage. Résultat, je me suis ouvert le menton. On m'a conduit à l'hôpital où l'on m'a fixé la plaie avec de la glue et où j'ai passé des analyses pour voir ce qui a pu se passer. J'attends de savoir. Aujourd'hui, ça allait un peu mieux mais je n'avais aucune énergie sur le terrain. En plus, ma plaie me tirait lorsque je levais la tête et je ne pouvais pas servir. Je n'aurais peut-être pas dû aller sur le terrain... Un malaise comme ça, ça fait un peu flipper quand même. En tant que sportifs, on a l'habitude de faire confiance à notre corps. Et là, je dois d'abord reprendre confiance..."
http://www.welovetennis.fr/atp-gstaad/87973-simon-un-malaise-comme-ca-ca-fait-flipper

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
please say he passed out instead of translating this word for word :lol:
^This. Mind you, it's about the usual standard of English for tennisworldusa :shrug: Although it may be amusing to visualise, it's obviously potentially worrying, so I hope they find out what's wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts