Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a surprise to me :eek: GGL is coming to a U.S. hard court Tournament and he is seeded #13 :bolt: I hope the number 13 won't be unlucky for him :unsure:

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
13 is a good number. He'll be fine. He kicked butt in Australia, remember!

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
13 is a good number. He'll be fine. He kicked butt in Australia, remember!
For a while he did and at least the field at Delray Beach is a weak one IMHO. And will probably get weaker because Tommy Haas might not be ready to play again after his 3rd right shoulder surgery :sad:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tommy Haas is supposed to play at Delray Beach. And GGL is playing someone I have never heard of :eek: I can't even remember his name to type it here :confused:

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
GGL plays against Wayne Odesnik of America. The name rings a bell, but yeah I don't know anything about him either. GGL should do fine here

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GGL plays against Wayne Odesnik of America. The name rings a bell, but yeah I don't know anything about him either. GGL should do fine here
The guy is from the U.S. and I had never heard of him :eek: :rolleyes: :lol: GGL had won the 1st Set, but I haven't checked the Match recently.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Excellent, as expected

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
I don't know how you do it, but you always seem to know who GGL can defeat :worship:
I really should start betting on GGL's matches. I'd make a fortune

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Now that is an idea :yeah: But I wonder if you would start betting, if you would still be right :p Betting has a way of catching up on people :scared:
Today was a warning to me, do not start betting. I was so sure that JC would beat Mahut, but nope. I guess I only have the gift when it comes to GGL

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Querrey is up next for Guille. On this surface, Querrey will be the favourite, but Guillermo can produce an upset if he's on his game.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Poor GGL must not have been on his game because Sam won. Sorry I forgot the score :eek:

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Ah, at least his ranking will go up though (I think)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know :unsure: Ranking unless someone is winning big all the time are hard to figure. Sometimes it just comes down to what other players are doing in the rankings that are around GGL's rank.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
It's good if Guillermo can get some wins on the tour, he just needs to focus on stringing a few more together. He's never going to be in the top 20, but he can be a solid top 50-100 mainstay for years.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Yeah I gotta agree with you there. Provided GGL enjoys what he's doing, of course he can be consistently in the top 100.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's good if Guillermo can get some wins on the tour, he just needs to focus on stringing a few more together. He's never going to be in the top 20, but he can be a solid top 50-100 mainstay for years.
That's the way I feel also :yeah: But it seems that is exactly what GGL CAN'T do--is string some more wins together on the Tour :sad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts