Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys but I am not sold on Serena just yet so I will go with her opponent on minor bets today.

Ivanovic +4.5 -120
Ivanovic +325 money line

I expect a battle between Venus Williams and Andrea Petkovic today. Williams, the classier of the two sisters on tour, has played like her former self and I am happy to see it:)

Williams/Petkovic over 21.5 games -120
Williams/Petkovic over 2.5 sets +160

I think Erakovic will beat Jovanovski today, Bojana is a beast but how many three setters can this girl get through?? Erakovic sold me when she smoked my fav Shelby Rogers earllier in the tournament. Also like Kerber to edge out Muguruza.

Good luck everyone:wavey:

·
Registered
476 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I am not sold on Serena just yet so I will go with her opponent on minor bets today.

Ivanovic +4.5 -120
Ivanovic +325 money line

I expect a battle between Venus Williams and Andrea Petkovic today. Williams, the classier of the two sisters on tour, has played like her former self and I am happy to see it:)

Williams/Petkovic over 21.5 games -120
Williams/Petkovic over 2.5 sets +160

I think Erakovic will beat Jovanovski today, Bojana is a beast but how many three setters can this girl get through?? Erakovic sold me when she smoked my fav Shelby Rogers earllier in the tournament. Also like Kerber to edge out Muguruza.

Good luck everyone:wavey:
Like your bets apart from Ivanovic. Ana always bullies the lesser but never stands up well to her superiors. Better excluded. How much heart can one have? Is the question I always ask myself about Jovanovski and Tomljanovic. Jovanovski to certainly go up in flames here and i will believe 2-0. I have a slight suspicion of her retiring. Might never be able to make money off a stubborn player like that. Really like Petkovic to win a set and Aisha Muhammed to beat Brady. Real good bet

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Serena playing at home,will be hard to beat!Ana getting better against the top of the range players and may try to keep this match close but Serena might be too good in the end!Her serve will dictate how we'll she will play,Ana will be hoping its bait off!Kerber's odds seems very inflated,her opponent is only a baby with a lot of talent ahead of herself!Gasquet seems to own Nishikori left ,right and centre(very surprised his a dog)!Petkovic struggles against flat n heavy hitters,Venus should bring the bacon home!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi,guys :)
I am going with Raonic till the end :) About Nishikori and Gasquet... Nishi play a proper tenis and his form is ok.Gasquet beat Smyczek in 2 strait sets but he wasn´t much better.I think that Nishi wan´t to be in best 10 players.He needs few points more and he is in. 3 sets in this mach should be ok. But for my money Nishi is banker for this game.Kerber still have some mantal problems.Maybe PMS :p hehe joke

Just my predict-good luck

·
Registered
428 Posts
Tatishvili won last 4 matches against Brengle, including 2 times at the end of last year when Brengle was in similarly great form. These odds are very nice

Venus has played in Stanford 8 times and only once failed to reach the final, her record here being 27-6 (2-5 in finals). She also played great on a similar fast court in Dubai this year. Petko is good but great she is not.

Also thinking about Ana, makes perfect sense she takes a set at least but I have my doubts still.

Pavs looks underated to me here. At their best she's the better player, not at her best right now but played well in the 1st round and giving 3,5 games is quite a bit I think

Erakovic looks incredibly solid on serve this week, got a get onboard there

edit: Anderson has won his last 17 matches against lefties dating back to Barcelona 2012, he's 15-1-1 against the spread in those so...Anderson -3,5

·
Registered
476 Posts
Like your bets apart from Ivanovic. Ana always bullies the lesser but never stands up well to her superiors. Better excluded. How much heart can one have? Is the question I always ask myself about Jovanovski and Tomljanovic. Jovanovski to certainly go up in flames here and i will believe 2-0. I have a slight suspicion of her retiring. Might never be able to make money off a stubborn player like that. Really like Petkovic to win a set and Aisha Muhammed to beat Brady. Real good bet
Perfect!!!!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well done especially with your wager on set betting with Jovanovski! Ivanovic put up a fight but succumb to Serena's battling ways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts