Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Challenge for MTF basement dwellers and non-basement dwellers alike.

Change the girl for whatever floats your boat, still 18 points.

Let's hear your priorities :cool:

Update: Police of Mind provided a version on page three which, among other things, acknowledges the existence of non-straight guys as well as the few women who browse MTF

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
Interesting.

Choosing the girl is a no brainer. Not even because of the sex aspect (though that's definitely welcome) but because if you're staying in a basement for 10 years you might as well not be alone, 10 years without any sort of human contact... yeah I wouldn't fancy my odds. Even if there was no sex involved, I'd still choose a person, I think going through it with another person would greatly increase my chances of surviving it. - 18p

Unlimited booze is a no brainer too. - 5p

I kinda need to eat too so give me microwave meals as I need to save points to get something to keep me busy - 2p

Now gotta choose between all movies and TV shows and all books to keep me busy/entertained, I'll go with all movies and TV shows - 4p

With the 1p I have left I'll take the gun, just in case it gets too much. - 1p

Edit: I can use 5p more so give me:

Every book every published - 4p
A pool table - 1p

·
Your visions will happen
48,551 Posts
Let me get the gym, the full kitchen with all the healthy food and the 18 year old and I still have one point left to spend on a tennis court in the basement, a big basement

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Interesting thread! So it comes down to what do you prefer, internet or relationships.

I think: The girl (18) + TV (7) + Medical care (2) + Microwave (2) + Videogames/Library, would throw up a coin (4) + Skylight (2). $5mil then. Had to leave out workout room (no tennis court :() and the sound system. No alcohol, cigarrettes or drugs is not a problem for me.

And, what's the point of having all TV shows if you have a TV with all premium packs? And what's the point of having a computer if you don't have access to internet?

Choosing the girl is a no brainer. Not even because of the sex aspect (though that's definitely welcome) but because if you're staying in a basement for 10 years you might as well not be alone, 10 years without any sort of human contact... yeah I wouldn't fancy my odds. Even if there was no sex involved, I'd still choose a person, I think going through it with another person would greatly increase my chances of surviving it.
That's so true, main reason for choosing the girl.

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
That's so true, main reason for choosing the girl.
Yup, choice between girl and Internet looks easy here. What good would having Internet be in this situation? If anything knowing what's happening with the world around you while you're stuck in a basement is only bound to increase your desperation :eek: In this situation the less you know the better.

On the other hand, choosing a person prevents going through 10 years of total solitude - thus greatly increasing survival chances -, and if that person happens to be a 'stunningly hot 18yo girl who will have sex with you', well even better :p

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me get the gym, the full kitchen with all the healthy food and the 18 year old
I would do this but cut my money in half so I could have a library. I would then have the pool table and the gun which takes me up to 35 points.

I was considering having the garden/skylight instead of the latter two so I could get some sun and avoid rickets, but hopefully I can get the vitamin D from my food. If not I'll kill myself with the gun anyway.

I haven't played Basketball for years but could get back into it, especially considering I'll have company. And kids somewhere down the line.

With the library I would study a range of things, hopefully enough to give me some ideas for a successful foray into entrepreneurship with my $5 million start-up capital.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Yup, choice between girl and Internet looks easy here. What good would having Internet be in this situation? If anything knowing what's happening with the world around you while you're stuck in a basement is only bound to increase your desperation :eek: In this situation the less you know the better.
Not so sure, actually it works pretty much the same for our daily life. We can't do anything to save people from natural disasters or terrorism, neither can we help our sports team or our favourite players to win matches. And following those matches, even via livescore, would keep me even more entertained than TV, I think.

On the other hand, choosing a person prevents going through 10 years of total solitude - thus greatly increasing survival chances -, and if that person happens to be a 'stunningly hot 18yo girl who will have sex with you', well even better :p
True, it only makes easier an easy choice.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Would go for 5 million:

1. Girl(18)
2. Food from finest chiefs(9) - I'm not eating shit for 10 years, that's for sure, not much use of those 5 millions if you end up unhealthy.
3. TV with all channels (7) - I'd rather keep track of what's happening live than watching old tv shows.

And for that 1 more point i'd prefer a piano or guitar instead of a pool table, but if impossible, a pool table, to not waste that one point, even though i'd have everything i need.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Remember, for human contact you could have Barry Bonds instead for much less ;)

I wouldn't, obviously, but you could.
I hardly know who Barry Bonds is... the girl would be much more interesting. And as I said before, I'm not interested in most of the other options in which I could spend the 11 points

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hardly know who Barry Bonds is... the girl would be much more interesting. And as I said before, I'm not interested in most of the other options in which I could spend the 11 points
It's also unclear whether Barry Bonds would get a bed of his own, and I'm much happier sharing with the girl.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
18 points, the girl (obviously)
5 points, the gym (I will end up obese otherwise 10 years in a basement)
4 points, the surround sound system will all the music (you need to kill a lot of time)
4 points, all movies and tv shows (idem)
2 points medical care (I don't want to die in there, and you'll get something in 10 years)
2 points, microwave food (you gotta eat, obviously)

Had to leave out the books because I prefer the music and tv shows and the garden that I also considered not be surrounded by walls all the time, but the gym was more important. Also considered the good food, but it was too "expensive".

·
21,309 Posts
Tough one. I'd go for neither the girl, nor internet. They take up too many points

Just taking one of the previous posts for a comparison:

Interesting.

Choosing the girl is a no brainer. Not even because of the sex aspect (though that's definitely welcome) but because if you're staying in a basement for 10 years you might as well not be alone, 10 years without any sort of human contact... yeah I wouldn't fancy my odds. Even if there was no sex involved, I'd still choose a person, I think going through it with another person would greatly increase my chances of surviving it. - 18p

Unlimited booze is a no brainer too. - 5p

I kinda need to eat too so give me microwave meals as I need to save points to get something to keep me busy - 2p

Now gotta choose between all movies and TV shows and all books to keep me busy/entertained, I'll go with all movies and TV shows - 4p

With the 1p I have left I'll take the gun, just in case it gets too much. - 1p

Edit: I can use 5p more so give me:

Every book every published - 4p
A pool table - 1p
You have no hygiene products and no medical care. You aren't going to survive the 10 years. Those are 5 points you have to use, no matter what(Which makes the problem badly designed).

Further, you have no use for all the movies and TV shows with no TV.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For people who care about this sort of thing, anyone who doesn't get repped by me for their contribution is only being ignored because I need to "spread some reputation around".

·
Registered
22,598 Posts
You had to make the girl 18 points. I would have ordered 2. I guess I could do that and get some food but I'd get no money at the end :(

Reactions: underspin

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
18 points, the girl (obviously)
5 points, the gym (I will end up obese otherwise 10 years in a basement)
4 points, the surround sound system will all the music (you need to kill a lot of time)
4 points, all movies and tv shows (idem)
2 points medical care (I don't want to die in there, and you'll get something in 10 years)
2 points, microwave food (you gotta eat, obviously)

Had to leave out the books because I prefer the music and tv shows and the garden that I also considered not be surrounded by walls all the time, but the gym was more important. Also considered the good food, but it was too "expensive".
How are you gonna watch those movies without a TV?

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
Some good arguments for choosing the doctors here actually: in 10 years you're likely to get sick at some point, and of course the girl is almost sure to get pregnant and yeah I assume most of us would have no idea what to do in that situation... Yeah, I'll replace the pool table and the gun with a doctor.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts