·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Munich --> Murray
Stuttgart --> Nadal
Halle --> Federer
Hamburg --> probably Nadal

weak field with 1 star, who benefits from it.
reason: They pay their star players so much, that they have nothing left to fill the field with quality players from the Top20. simply awful:eek:

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Now even the players of the Big 4 are considered "vultures". Will this insanity ever end? :tape: :help:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now even the players of the Big 4 are considered "vultures". Will this insanity ever end? :tape: :help:
Vulturing means"smart schedule". In general I have no problem with that. It's just that the german tournaments badly needs stars like Federer or Nadal to attract crowds. So they overpay. Besides of the stars the field this year is very weak. I don't like this development.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Vulturing means"smart schedule". In general I have no problem with that. It's just that the german tournaments badly needs stars like Federer or Nadal to attract crowds. So they overpay. Besides of the stars the field this year is very weak. I don't like this development.

The Hamburg field would have been stronger with Ferrer and Simon (then Nadal wouldn't even have been 1st seed) but they had to withdraw.
As for calling Federer a vulture for playing Halle...I won't even go into that :spit:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Federer goes to Halle because he loves the place and the tournament. Nadal went to Hamburg because he needs to find his game back, and that's kinda clever I would say. They're not vulturing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,084 Posts

Munich --> Murray
Stuttgart --> Nadal
Halle --> Federer
Hamburg --> probably Nadal

weak field with 1 star, who benefits from it.
reason: They pay their star players so much, that they have nothing left to fill the field with quality players from the Top20. simply awful:eek:
Hang about according to people like you Nadal is rubbish so uh like how can he be a vulture??? Make sense won't you.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Vulturing is my least favourite MTF terminology. If I told you that you could do whatever you do for a living, and for one week it would be a bit easier and you would make additional money, would you do it?

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
How in the world did Andy vulture Munich? He missed Monte Carlo due to his wedding so he needed a warm up tournament going into Madrid. He didn't vulture the title at all. What a stupid thing to say :lol:

Also, Halle? Really? Roger's warm up tournament? Your idiocy is remarkable.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
How in the world did Andy vulture Munich? He missed Monte Carlo due to his wedding so he needed a warm up tournament going into Madrid. He didn't vulture the title at all. What a stupid thing to say :lol:

Also, Halle? Really? Roger's warm up tournament? Your idiocy is remarkable.

So Murray didn't vulture Munich but Nadal is vulturing Hamburg? Is that your opinion, World Life? Really? :wavey:

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
So Murray didn't vulture Munich but Nadal is vulturing Hamburg? Is that your opinion, World Life? Really? :wavey:
Point out where I said that.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Munich was a preparation for clay season because he skipped MC. For which season is Nadal preparing playing Hamburg ? :lol:
Just trying to earn easy poits - it's a vulturing as it is

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Yep Martha is a huge hypocrite with a laughably low IQ. No point in responding to that jester.
It's amusing at the very least.
I was asking you, hence the "?". Do you know what a "?" means?
You're obviously insinuating that I believe that based purely on my post, which says nothing about Nadal at all. In other words you're putting words in my mouth out of nowhere. You're getting ahead of yourself.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
You have to be a decent player on the surface to vulture. That's surely an important criteria to this vulturing business.

Murray is a mug, considered irrelevant on the surface (and in general by many) and had 0 clay titles.

Nadal is the king of clay, in contention for the greatest player to have ever lived and a fascinating person.

Worlds apart. Nadal really needs some points though, I'll give you that.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
You're obviously insinuating that I believe that based purely on my post, which says nothing about Nadal at all. In other words you're putting words in my mouth out of nowhere. You're getting ahead of yourself.

You still haven't answered my question. Nice tactic you have shown to avoid it, though, I give you that.

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
This is Federer trend to win the weak tournaments. Other players have taken from him this idea.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts