Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They lack fighting spirit and they serve and think at the same time.

Zverev was leading 6-5 against Volandri with a break and fucked it up. He played solid until that score.
Mayer blew 2mps on his own serve against Starace. He began to think and fucked it up. Lost TB 0-7 and the 3rd set easily.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I think this kind of complaint has been made about almost every large national group of players out there, with the massive exception of the Spaniards.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this kind of complaint has been made about almost every large national group of players out there, with the massive exception of the Spaniards.
well, at least spaniards show fighting spirit and they usually have working brains.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Almagro and Verdasco are the ones who lack in this area, but Nadal, Boredo, Ferrer, the King, Ramirez Hidalgo, Montañes they fight hard.

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Why such complaining? The day the Spaniards produce a Becker they may even be comparable.
Nadal is still young and could exceed the performances of Becker.:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
They lack fighting spirit and they serve and think at the same time.

Zverev was leading 6-5 against Volandri with a break and fucked it up. He played solid until that score.
Mayer blew 2mps on his own serve against Starace. He began to think and fucked it up. Lost TB 0-7 and the 3rd set easily.
I think it's premature summary. Zverev didn't lose this match. If he wins, first set doesn't really matter.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
The Germans have the legend of Tomas Ugo Behrend playing for them, though he is a Brazilian, that's almost as good as Hernandez.

Well not many fight like Mantilla.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Funny, because I recently saw this in Ljubo's activity on the ATP site. German players suck so badly these days that Kuhnen has started calling up French guys to his DC squad:
Unfortunately this isn't only error on ATP site :eek:

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
As for the thread in question, most players get tight at some point and it is quite noticeable when they do so, therefore it is easy to say that they are mentally weak when grouped by nation. Even the Spaniards, Verdasco is a fruitcake, Almagro blows up in critical points but also Moya and Ferrero are occasionaly suspect.

·
Banned
253 Posts
??? Ok.. Well that's your opinion. Considering it's the country Graf and Becker were from, debatablly the most mentally focused and "playing with heart" players for both men and women's tennis ever. I think it's a stupid opinion, but it's yours.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts