Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zverev started very well, the first set contained some of the best tennis I've seen from him this year. He led *5-1 30-0 and had scored 18 consecutive points up to that point hitting FH winners at will.

The less said abeout the rest of the match excluding the MP below the better though...

·
Super Moderator
7,350 Posts
That last FH was a glimpse of what he can do (and should be doing) in court. Almost a message to Delbonis as in saying 'you have no business winning this'. Sure hope Alex can slowly build up his confidence once again and reach the level of tennis he knows he can produce.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The massive gap in level between the first 6 games and the rest of the match just shows once again that playing with controlled aggression doesn't come natural to Zverev and he struggles to keep up that aggression for a longer period of time as it requires a perfect level of concentration and footwork for him.

Here in Geneva he gets consistency into his game with his serve but that will be gone in RG which is much slower, I took the 5.20 on Millman. :wavey:

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Btw. what do MTFs unbiased experts think of this call? Umpire called it IN, Zverev was mad. Looks OUT to me tbh.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Here in Geneva he gets consistency into his game with his serve but that will be gone in RG which is much slower, I took the 5.20 on Millman. :wavey:
Wow bold bet. Zverev is getting back slowly, but Millman is a fighter. I can see BO5 + Slow Court + Fighting Spirit + Entitlement equalling Zverev demise. I'll see if I can get me some of that action, perhaps A geneva win makes it even more profitable and convenient

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Yea boi!!!! Lets go sasha! Slamrev is ready

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow bold bet. Zverev is getting back slowly, but Millman is a fighter. I can see BO5 + Slow Court + Fighting Spirit + Entitlement equalling Zverev demise. I'll see if I can get me some of that action, perhaps A geneva win makes it even more profitable and convenient
Definitely, bookies are extremely poor in putting wins into context, particularly when it comes to wins of favourites. For example Federer beating Fritz in seemingly convincing fashion (to lose to Tsitsipas next at the AO) or Nadal beating tired af. Djokovic in the Rome final.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
The umpire called it IN, was a Delbonis shot on Zverev's far side line.

I'm not sure if it's in or out. A hawk-eye would help ;-)
This is at the border between in and out within a few mm. Hawkeye couldn't resolve that better. It could only take the responsibility from the umpire...

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The umpire called it IN, was a Delbonis shot on Zverev's far side line.

I'm not sure if it's in or out. A hawk-eye would help ;-)
Oh yeah thanks, don't know why I wrote OUT there because I actually knew he called it IN. :lol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Zverev is trying to gain confidence, I don't blame him, but it's a poor choice to go all the way in this FUCKING tournament.
So he doesn't expect to go all the way in RG , but that's ok for him to gain confidence I guess. Winning a touney would do just that. Losing early again in a slam, would shatter that feat. But, at least it would get things back to normal :laugh2:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
That ball is in, no space between the mark and the line :shrug:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
This ZVerev guy isn’t not the brightest. He’s probably going to lose the final tomorrow and will be completely gassed for FO

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,632 Posts
Btw. what do MTFs unbiased experts think of this call? Umpire called it IN, Zverev was mad. Looks OUT to me tbh.

Tough one. I cannot really see where the ball ends and the line starts. Very slim margins, I'd say in by a hair.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts

What's the standard mark on clay like? Looks like a two stage mark. The inner circle = ball has landed OUT; and outer less clear circle = breeze from the impact has made the mark appear larger, and the shot seeming to be IN. But not sure if that's the case, or is the outer circle due to the ball expanding, and not touching the surface as forcefully as the center of the ball?

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Zverev in this tournament very much reminds me of Thiem in Lyon last year. Both played well below their usual level and still managed to mug their way through to the final, and both got lots of criticism for playing a 250 the week before a grand slam. We all know how Thiem's RG campaign turned out to be, gonna be interesting to see what Zverev can do this year

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
Zverev in this tournament very much reminds me of Thiem in Lyon last year. Both played well below their usual level and still managed to mug their way through to the final, and both got lots of criticism for playing a 250 the week before a grand slam. We all know how Thiem's RG campaign turned out to be, gonna be interesting to see what Zverev can do this year
Not gonna lie I’m one of those people. I still don’t think a top 5 player should play before a slam but if it works for them then sure :shrug:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts