Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some epic ballbashing by Wawrinka, got tight in 2nd set, otherwise very balanced performance.

Rosol arguing with the umpire when he came down to check a mark, couldn't convince him that the ball was out.
:haha:

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Re: Geneva R2: Wawrinka def. Rosol 6-4, 3-6, 6-3

There were several beefs, the two never came to blows unfortunately. Stan joins the list of players Rosol got into an argument with, he even tried to steal a point by nonchalanting point a mark that the umpire rules in.

·
23,533 Posts
Re: Geneva R2: Wawrinka def. Rosol 6-4, 3-6, 6-3

^ Another Rosol argument? Whose next? :lol: Anyway seems like a good opening relatively for Stan (as Rosol could surely get Sets). Rough days ahead as no rest from hereon with RG starting on Sunday meaning they would have to finish this in Saturday correct me if I'm wrong. Hope he improves.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Wawrinka should tank, he's showed up and played a match, that's he had to do.

·
23,533 Posts
Wawrinka should tank, he's showed up and played a match, that's he had to do.
There's a part of me that he shouldn't. He needs momentum, and this is good momentum. However I see your point, seeing that while he did play Chennai in the lead up to AO, it was 2 weeks before the start, which means he had 1 week of rest. Here he could play as early as Monday or even Sunday.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
It just doesn't really make sense to me why Stan is not resting up and thinking about more important things... and I don't mean 'rest up' as in exhausted because he's not,as he hasn't played that many matches to warrant that but since he got some good matches in at Rome that should merely be enough in preparation for the French.

How many top players do you know who play a tournament days within a slam?

Let's also keep in mind this is an ideal chance to really consolidate himself in terms of rankings and whatnot as he's defending sweet f#%$ all from his Round 1 loss to Garcia Lopez last year so he needs to use his head.

I don't think this is doing him any good IMO

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Since Staniel is in no danger of winning RG I don't see why he should tank Geneva. Unless he feels tired.

As for the match—only saw the third set and Wawrinka was good. Served big and hit several outrageous winners off the ground. His ass is in excellent shape as well.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
There's a part of me that he shouldn't. He needs momentum, and this is good momentum. However I see your point, seeing that while he did play Chennai in the lead up to AO, it was 2 weeks before the start, which means he had 1 week of rest. Here he could play as early as Monday or even Sunday.
They wouldn't make him play on Sunday if he's still in Geneva on Saturday. :lol: 1st round play is spread over three days at RG.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Glad Stan got the win. :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Stan showed his class by offering the handshake at the end, many wouldn't have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts