Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruel scoreline, but given circumstances, current form of both guys and how match looked like, difference was exactly like scoreline reflects.

Watching this match was clearly visible who has match rhythm and who doesn't. Istomin was pushing to deep defense Tipsy so easily. Also precision his shots was... well, depressing is a good word from Tipsy's perspective. Janko is not on this level currently.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Janko :eek:
Istomin even managed to lose to Mektic this clay season..

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Jesus Christ, alot of people on FITD (including) thought he could go deep here.

Disappointing comeback so far :(

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Instomin has been having a horrible season. Needed someone like tispy to come along and give him some confidence.

One word to describe this match. Demolotion. funny how people thought tipsy was back becuase he beat clezar in 3 sets

·
MONSOON season.
82,370 Posts
Two great wins for Istomin this week, one in singles and one in doubles :eek:

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Tipsarevic can't seem to catch a break with injuries.

·
Registered
375 Posts
HELLLLL yeah Denis!!! Needed a convincing win like this!

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To the OP, even though I picked Denis, neither player was in good form coming in here, but maybe you are right anyway, Janko's out of practice and has another injury to deal with, I don't think he'll ever be top 10 again, his injures are just too much to overcome.
Yes, I am aware of Denis' recent problems, but like you said, Janko is out of practice, while Istomin at least is active player in tour and tries to play some matches. :) :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts