Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny match :lol:
Sousa was easily the better player the whole third set, but Andujar kept saving BPs brilliantly, clutch as hell. Only to then get to the tiebreak, open a 6-2 lead with some great hitting, and lose 6 consecutive points. Sousa hit an amazing return winner at 6-6.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Re: Geneva QF: Sousa def. Andujar 6-4 2-6 7-6(6) from 2-6 down

Very deserved win for Joao, he was the much better player during the 3rd set.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Re: Geneva QF: Sousa def. Andujar 6-4 2-6 7-6(6) from (2-6) down in TB

Sousa went full Super-Saiyan down 2-6 in the tie-break! :eek: :inlove:

·
Registered
8,488 Posts

Unreal last 6 from Sousa, he was the far better player in the 3rd wasted so many chances.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

I'm surprised I wasn't on Andujar, that sounds exactly like the kind of match I get involved in.

·
Registered
132 Posts

I saw the last 2 games and tiebreak. I thought it was 3-6, but after that Joao seemed a completely different player and won all points to win the match. Well done. This is where he is good, fights a lot and usually uses his frustration to play better.

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts

4 match points too. Unbelievable :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Jeez. Does Sousa bash every ball as if it killed his mother or what. His play style annoys the shit out of me, but I gotta admit that he can produce lightening shots when he's on.

And he was on for much of the final set, except the wobbles in TB. I don't think Andujar "choked" per se; he was lucky that he had such a lead in TB in the first place. Sousa was better overall in the final set.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Sousa was so much better during the entire 3rd set. Even in the 2nd when Andujar got the break Sousa wasted break back points there.

3rd set was amazing from Sousa, just couldn't convert any break point. When he was 1-5 down in the TB Sousa said to his coach "This is not fair" and it wasn't. But from then he was amazing. Actually, Andujar didn't choke there, Sousa was unreal.

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
I only watched from 1-5 in the TB.

Sousa was very agressive and clutch.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Btw, best career win for João in clay by far.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Didn't see this one unfortunately but great win! Next up probably is Stan, in their last matchup he wasn't chanceless

1 - 17 of 17 Posts