Emmrich/Siljestrom v Martin/Raja
Fleming/Marray v (2)Nestor/Peya

·
Registered
10,379 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Rojer/Tecau probably felt the need for more matches on Clay and Signed-up on-site as they are 1-3 W/L :facepalm: on their weakest surface.

Hopefully a boost of confidence if they wanna play at full speed and win this. They kinda need it .

·
MONSOON season.
82,395 Posts
That is a mystery at first glance indeed.
I genuinely don't understand it. It's not like these are young, promising stars. What is even weirder is that they haven't even been playing together, except for two events since 2013. I can't see an obvious Taiwanese link in sponsorship either.

·
Registered
19,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There must be some sort of connections between FRA & TPE tennis federations, as Hsieh/Lee had received a wild card in Marseille earlier this year

·
MONSOON season.
82,395 Posts
There must be some sort of connections between FRA & TPE tennis federations, as Hsieh/Lee had received a wild card in Marseille earlier this year
:unsure: I wonder what the FFT is getting out of that partnership.

·
Registered
10,379 Posts

·
MONSOON season.
82,395 Posts
L'argent?
I was thinking that but that only throws up another question: why the heck is the Taiwanese federation willing to spend money on WCs for useless doubles players that have no chance of ever making it? Maybe if they spent it on Hsien-Yin Peng they'd get somewhere.

·
Registered
26,146 Posts
I don't see why Hsieh has no chance of ever making it, if he plays a full schedule? He surely is talented in doubles...

·
MONSOON season.
82,395 Posts
I don't see why Hsieh has no chance of ever making it, if he plays a full schedule? He surely is talented in doubles...
OK, so Hsieh and Lee when they played together were not disastrous (but not amazing either, sort of Ratiwatana/Ratiwatana level). And Wang had a good run in Taipei. But are these guys really going to break through (i.e. are they worth the investment, presuming there is one)?

Maybe I'm being too harsh on them. They certainly have a good draw in Nice. We'll see.

·
MONSOON season.
82,395 Posts
Bury/Istomid d Begemann/Knowle [3] 6-2 6-4 in Geneva :eek:

·
MONSOON season.
82,395 Posts
Never heard of Bury before.

Nestor finally won a match.
Betov/Bury used to be a staple on the Challenger Tour. Now both have made it into the Top 100 because of good results with other partners :lol:

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
usually partners with Betov, he's pretty decent and obviously good serve.

edit: didn't see CooCoo reply.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Rojer/Tecau in the final , as expected :). Should win the final as well (on Saturday).

Maybe some confidence for RG from this eventual title.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mate Pavic reached his fourth ATP doubles final of his career. For Venus its the first ATP final in his career. They have won two CH titles and made it to another CH final this year. Tommorrow they have a tough final against Rojer/Tecau.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts