Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
27,997 Posts
I'm still waiting for your view of the situation without a question/question answer...
I have no idea what you are talking about. Elaborate.

I'm beginning you don't have any opinion--you just go with the flow and like to argue just for the sake of it.
Your entitled to your opinion, and I certaintly couldn't care less what it was.

This is the internet - I say what I want, when I want, and if some internet "tard" doesn't like it, too bad :)

· Registered
27,997 Posts
Becca, you read the message wrong.

It was asked of the generation previous to Sampras-Agassi (ie McEnroe-Lendl-Connors generation beat up on a young Sampras and Agassi?)
I didn't read the entire message wrong.....

Nan Cu wrote:
The leading players on the ATP are the Generation of Nobodies. They differ from the '90s set in talent. None of the guys have the talent of Agassi, or Sampras...case in point, both these guys beat them with regularity, and are still on top...and are old.

At this stage in their careers, which players from the previous generation beat up on Andre and Pete? I rest my case.
As far as I can tell, this poster is saying that Pete and Andre are old, but still able to beat up on the young players of today.

The second point adresses the previous generation, which I didn't actually realise - which seems kind of out of place with the rest of the post, but whatever.

I felt that the first part was misleading, so I provided stats, and those are still relevant - regardless of me misreading the last sentence.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
They were entirely relevant to the topic at hand.

Just because you have a childish personal vendetta against the internet poster known as "Rebecca", doesn't change the fact that you are looking very foolish by denying that.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
What is ugly about it now, Becca? We don't call each other names, don't talk shit. Even if we are talking about such delicate subject as race, we keep it civilised. It's nto WTAWorld, after all..
"Racist Monster" is certaintly name calling. Rather amusing choice too, considering that said poster was actually talking about the superiority of black athletes.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
I think the reason people have not been enjoying the dominators lately because they don't enjoy their style of game that lacks oomph and that's even more boring when it's just a single person dominating. I mean, is this why you all hate the potato?!
I believe that the backlash against Hewitt is based more on his brash behavior on court, and less on his game style.

Furthermore he isn't dominating. He just happens to be consistently good.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
I really do think it's too soon to throw a 21 year old Nalbandian with the plus 26ers, whom you consider "journeymen".

You noted this, but it didn't stop you from mentioning him...

· Registered
27,997 Posts
You are questioning me as to wether or not Hewitt is brash at times?

It's a matter of different tastes. Some people find the way in which Hewitt pumps his fists, thumps his chest, yells "come on" in peoples faces, calls him self "Rock", smashing flowers, etc., to be wonderfully annoying and obnoxious. Other people find his behavior to be wonderfully intense. Then other people - like me - really dont' give a lick either way.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
By the way...why do some people here seem to dislike, or ok, really dislike Nalbandian? Why do you choose him as an example that he's never gonna reach again a semifinals or a final at a Grand Slam? Like Becca said he's just 21. By the way, I don't find him at all petulant.
Some people aren't fond of his attitude, which is rather streaky - much like his results ;)

The only thing that bothers me in regards to David is when people actually have the poor taste to say that he's done "NOTHING since Wimbledon".

Nobody in here has said that, but I have corrected a post like that at least half a dozen times. You'd think that people would do a little background checking before saying such bold - and incorrect - statements. lol

· Registered
27,997 Posts
Ah, the Blake incident.

For what it's worth, I actually sided with Blake on that - who, as memory serves, sympathized with Hewitt and took his word.

Seeing as the man himself didn't make it an issue, I never saw any reason to make it one myself.

· Registered
27,997 Posts
New Balls failed to conquer the summit. They are just filling the vacuum left after departing superstars of previous generation.
Here I was thinking that Ferrero reached the top spot by beating the Fossil at the USO... I must have dreamt that. He's just filling hte vacuum, silly me ;)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.