Mens Tennis Forums banner
241 - 248 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Purple Rainbow said:
Couple of slams! Couple is quite a flexible word, actually! It could mean anything between, say 2 and 7+! :)
Exactly! It can also mean 2-3 slams per year!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Interesting to read over such an old thread.

I think what it shows is that nobody really had any idea how the next few years were going to turn out. Those people who stuck their necks out and made predictions got it wrong, especially the original poster. It'll be interesting to reread that thread on the current crop of "New Balls" three years down the line.

Of course, when nobody's dominating, this ruins tennis. And now that two players are dominating, this also ruins tennis. :)

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
LOL at the posts from the past ('03) :haha: :haha:

It's funny to see what people thought in that time and how wrong they're today about what they said in this times. ;) specially talking about Federer... and the "future dominance of Rodduck" :spit:

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
Nathaliia said:
MTF :inlove:
Tennis Fool are there other threads that need to be bumped?
I would say this is the most classic thread, when just a group of us would talk in one thread for days on end. Days before Duck Nation, etc.

If you read the whole thread, you'll notice we went off topic with the Williams sisters. There is a whole new thread (started by yours truly) where we went into a whole discussion about them. I won't bump it because I don't want to embarrass anybody :p

There are also classic threads for the 3 months we were sequestered in WTAWorld's old men's tennis forum...

I'll see what else is in the old nest of ATPWorld....

·
Registered
97,730 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
I would say this is the most classic thread, when just a group of us would talk in one thread for days on end. Days before Duck Nation, etc.

If you read the whole thread, you'll notice we went off topic with the Williams sisters. There is a whole new thread (started by yours truly) where we went into a whole discussion about them. I won't bump it because I don't want to embarrass anybody :p
There are also classic threads for the 3 months we were sequestered in WTAWorld's old men's tennis forum...

I'll see what else is in the old nest of ATPWorld....
Please bump it! :bounce:

Yes I've read this whole thread and it rocks :D Before I came to MTF I was posting a lot (I still am occassionaly) on one good Polish message board and some fights and predictions out there bumped after months... so funny! For example we were predicting some mickey mouse tournie winners in few months etc. My best prediction ever was Del Potro's bandwagon... before he even played 18 y.o. juniors :p but other people made equally amusing and also hit.

241 - 248 of 248 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.