Mens Tennis Forums banner
221 - 240 of 248 Posts

· F***ing have it
18,276 Posts
aNyway, 2006 is still boring. Nadal eating anything made of clay and JesusFed the rest , 2005 again :yawn: Hingis, thank God u came back :kiss:

· F***ing have it
18,276 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
Funny, because the whole debate three years ago was that nobody was dominating or having an Sampras/Agassi like rivalry.
Well, i didn't complain in that nice 2003. And JesusFed/Nadal sodomization of the rest is disgusting :(

· Registered
2,490 Posts
The first posts of this thread are a gem, and we can say ys is very bad in predictions, while Sjengster is very wise and detected Fed's talent and potential.
Funny to read how people didn't want and see any kind of domination just before Fed became the Fed we know.

It's called calmness before the storm.

· Registered
97,735 Posts
Oh. Right. That was a good read. It's like a book entitled "My imagination about the life in 2000" digged in the ground in 1900. Thanks for the amusement. I think we should repeat it in a separate thread to be bumped within three next years if we could meet here again altogether unbanned.

:wavey:

· Registered
726 Posts
Really nice topic to read and see all the speculations in the year Federer broke through...People saying Federer (and the other guns) will never make it or at least dont have the skill of an Agassi or Sampras. Well...Federer is truely showing everyone, and Nadal is that rivalry guy everyone in the topic is talking about.
Really nice to read. Truth is there is a lot of truth in most posts. It really feels the top and the competition at the top lack; not so many seemingly great players.... I dont really see players winning matches with extremely good play. Most wins, even of Federer now more than it was 2 years ago, are a lot closer...(although Federer really still wins most with ease).

But good read :)

· Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Tennis Fool said:
Flashback time. Interesting how one of those Generation N's is going for Sampras's record now...and someone no one knew of is challenging him
Challenging in what? Still a One Slam Wonder, with already very worn body, with very limited one-dimensional game.. Another guga at best.. In a field of non-greats someone was bound to dominate.. anyway..

· Registered
2,235 Posts
ys said:
Challenging in what? Still a One Slam Wonder, with already very worn body, with very limited one-dimensional game.. Another guga at best.. In a field of non-greats someone was bound to dominate.. anyway..
At Nadal's age, Sampras was also a One Slam Wonder, and Agassi was ... a Zero Slam Non-Entity (hyperbole here, he reached something like #3 as a teenager). One-dimensional is arguable, and nonetheless he has at least nearly perfected that one dimension (and still has lots of room for improvement, true, but it's probable that he will make progress in these areas). Possibly another Guga - though I highly doubt that's bad - but he's shown up quicker than Guga did, and he should have the hard court prowess to contend at the Australian and the US Opens soon.

· Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
Flibbertigibbet said:
At Nadal's age, Sampras was also a One Slam Wonder, and Agassi was ... a Zero Slam Non-Entity
No question about it.. But, at the same time, no one was talking back then that they are challenging Edberg or Becker or whoever was on top at the time.. Nadal so far did very little to be even considered in the context.. If I am not wrong, he has reached a Grand Slam quartefinal only once..

· Registered
1,699 Posts
Was very interesting to read this thread. Thnx to whoever who bumped it. I agree with Nathaliia that this should be bumped back up in 3 yrs so we can see wats changed.

· Registered
11,356 Posts
Rereading the opening page, there were some really inspired predictions on my part too.... :eek:

221 - 240 of 248 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.