Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,812 Posts
TennisHack said:
(see: all Williams all the time via the WTA) makes for excruciatingly boring tennis.

I'd rather watch the ATP, with its "nobodies" fighting hard to win titles (3 maiden titlists in the first 5 weeks of play) and push to the top than watch the same player or two win over and over and over and get so far ahead it becomes a question of.
I agree with you. I prefer by far to watch almost every week a different player winning a tournament, than all that dominance that would makes us see winning the same player almost all the weeks(I know I'm exagerating, but it's just it drives me nuts that the Williams are taking all at the WTA)

That's why I don't care if the players that win a tournament one week, are nobodies, one of the top players, or a top 30. The reason for which I prefer by far men's tennis is that one, you know, to see variety of players, not the same ones winning every single week.

And also because I think it's easier to be recognized or to make a "breakthrough" in men's tennis than in women's one in which in these last 2 or 3 years(for not saying more time ago) are always the top 8 ranked players who reach the quarters at a Grand Slam, with very weird exceptions of course.:eek:

· Registered
4,812 Posts
Dissident said:
I also need to point out that the Williams sisters dominance is shit because they are like a "duo package". Buy one get two.

Having two players exchanging places for number one is shit.
Unless you can be a fan of them, and find anything of thrilling on their games.... Which I for one cant.
I definitely agree.

· Registered
4,812 Posts
Rebecca said:
I really do think it's too soon to throw a 21 year old Nalbandian with the plus 26ers, whom you consider "journeymen".
Right.

By the way...why do some people here seem to dislike, or ok, really dislike Nalbandian? Why do you choose him as an example that he's never gonna reach again a semifinals or a final at a Grand Slam? Like Becca said he's just 21. By the way, I don't find him at all petulant.:rolleyes:

· Registered
4,812 Posts
Rebecca said:
The only thing that bothers me in regards to David is when people actually have the poor taste to say that he's done "NOTHING since Wimbledon".
Exactly.

Although I agree he's kinda irregular as almost every player of 21 years old or less(ok, maybe put Hewitt as an exception.:p )

· Registered
4,812 Posts
Sjengster said:
No one sees a Williams on court and thinks "Ah, there is a master tactician at work"; they are awed by their strength, speed and ferocity, but they do not admire them for their repertoire of shots and their skillful construction of rallies, no matter how much these factors may be used under the surface.
And crucially, to ordinary tennis watchers they are not the reason why the Williamses dominate the WTA Tour.
TRUE.:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.