Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Aren't you too quick to draw the conclusions? I think you are.

Some random reasons that come to my mind:

#1 - Sampras is considered a great player (except, maybe, tennischick :p). What was the time span between his 1st and 2nd slam?

#2 - Are the new balls so bad? How many of them were at Shanghai?

#3 - It was probably the first time that Roddick did someting notable outside the USA and you already call him the "next big thing"? Following your own logic, what are the guarantees that he won't become another Safin (whom you seem to write off now)?

· Registered
2,168 Posts
y_s said:
And I am talking about what is a differential between these guys and those who played the game, 10-20-30 years ago. But instead, you are just repeatedly picking on something I never said to be a certainty.
From your previous/initial post I understood that you were saying exactly the opposite: none of the New Balls will be a great player (referring to some names and their failures) except, maybe, Roddick. That was your statement summarising the post. My reply was that I thought you made your conclusions too early.

Sorry that I misunderstood you. Where did you ask about the differential you refer to now? :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.