Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah yeah yeah another newbie on your doorstep. I have been watching this place for about 10 years so I know the kind of place it is. I never made an account because I used to lead a busy life, but now I am close to my retirement, so I would enjoy some convies on the beauty of the game. Not a fan of stats, it takes away from the poetry.

Not a fan of Kyrgios' antics if you were gonna ask, but always a fan of all Aussie tennis. Our players have always been... um, original... so... there.
Huge fan of the Sharks, yes, had to be said.:nerd:

·
6,246 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah another newbie on your doorstep. I have been watching this place for about 10 years so I know the kind of place it is. I never made an account because I used to lead a busy life, but now I am close to my retirement, so I would enjoy some convies on the beauty of the game. Not a fan of stats, it takes away from the poetry.

Not a fan of Kyrgios' antics if you were gonna ask, but always a fan of all Aussie tennis. Our players have always been... um, original... so... there.
Huge fan of the Sharks, yes, had to be said.:nerd:
Mate, welcome to the board.
Coming from "the Shire" in Sydney, I think Todd Woodbridge is a local there?
Great you are a Sharks supporter, good to see them win a couple of years ago.
I am a Knights supporter, living up here in the Hunter mate.
Hopefully we have one thing in common though - go the NSW Blues on Sunday!

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts
This intro somehow popped up for me, I'm in the Shire myself, not exactly Cronulla... but here... although not a Sharks fan, I'm a Bulldogs fan haha. Too bad OP didn't post since he made this, hopefully he is alright.

Hey @RocketMan70 how is the smoke up there? I can still see Hunter surrounded by fires. Smoke's a bit better here than Sydney CBD or the west.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Oh you guys got effected? Can you feel it in the air??

Mad stuff...not something i saw happening during my visit but very real.

·
6,246 Posts
This intro somehow popped up for me, I'm in the Shire myself, not exactly Cronulla... but here... although not a Sharks fan, I'm a Bulldogs fan haha. Too bad OP didn't post since he made this, hopefully he is alright.

Hey @RocketMan70 how is the smoke up there? I can still see Hunter surrounded by fires. Smoke's a bit better here than Sydney CBD or the west.
Mate it has been bad for several weeks, much of it coming from the Mid North Coast as well as local fires in the Hunter.
Today seems to have settled down a little.
There were severe fires in Kurri Kurri last week, which the smoke lingered around for days.
Tuesday was hot as buggery as well, and some smaller fires flared up.

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts
Oh you guys got effected? Can you feel it in the air??

Mad stuff...not something i saw happening during my visit but very real.
Yeah, drought has made us suffer not only when it's hot, dry and windy, but also when it rains and there's lightning.

Mate it has been bad for several weeks, much of it coming from the Mid North Coast as well as local fires in the Hunter.
Today seems to have settled down a little.
There were severe fires in Kurri Kurri last week, which the smoke lingered around for days.
Tuesday was hot as buggery as well, and some smaller fires flared up.
It has been a hell of a season so far, pray for consistent rain to save us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts