Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murray v Djokovic in front of around 6,000 screaming Brits in Birmingham would be an exciting match up, let's hope it happens.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
:yeah:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Let's hope not...we will lose!

We could beat Tipsarevic twice, but I could Djokovic winning both singles. The doubles...they have Zimonjic, so it would be far from easy for us!

Is it a home tie anyway?

Balls, based on the current rankings, Great Britain is 25 and will be the 5th best nation in Euro/Africa Zone 1....meaning we are NOT seeded, and will have to play either India, Czech Republic, Belgium or Italy before the WG Qualies. :bigcry: Yikes! :eek: :eek:

·
F***ing have it
17,599 Posts
Surely Djokovic would suffer the cramp of his life, with a half-an-hour delay. Pierce and Coria will be :mad: of envy :tape:

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are seeded.

We would be at home against Serbia, Morocco (best possible draw imo), Luxembourg or Israel.

We would be away to Ukraine or Portugal.

Funnily enough if we do draw Ukraine then Andy will face a rematch with Sergey Stakhovsky, whom he beat in the USO juniors final.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
joeyd2005 said:
We are seeded.

We would be at home against Serbia, Morocco (best possible draw imo), Luxembourg or Israel.

Funnily enough if we do draw Ukraine then Andy will face a rematch with Sergey Stakhovsky, whom he beat in the USO juniors final.
Not sure how we have managed to be seeded but boy is that a relief!!! :woohoo: From this year's Euro/Africa draw, 4 nations are seeded, and we would be the 5th ranked nation for the draw on Thursday.

You are right about Morocco. Last time we drew them, that was the worst possible tie IMO and this time they have pretty much no one. Amazing how a team's strength can completely change in the space of a couple of years!

The away ties aren't bad either really. Ukraine have only Stakhovsky I think, and the worst thing they can do is play it on clay which still gives us a good chance. Portugal aren't that strong either.

Luxembourg and Israel are the worst two, probably worst being Israel because of their doubles team and 2 relatively good singles players. Luxembourg will be like facing an inferior Switzerland.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
hitchhiker said:
bates will substitude murray with Jamie Delgado
:lol: If the tie is on hard court then Jamie D could very well make the team anyway...it isn't that difficult for him to do better than Parmar, Bogo and Hilton right now. But there again we are dead set on keeping Sherwood as a doubles player. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Galaxystorm said:
Another Murray's thread :eek:
:lol: Would you like it even more if I said that there is a good chance a home tie could be hosted by Glasgow?!!

I seriously hope not...Birmingham is an awesome venue and has had terrific crowds and sell-outs. Furthermore, pretty much anyone in the country can get to Birmingham as it is central. I for one won't be able to travel to Glasgow...and many others will be in the same boat too.

·
Banned
3,208 Posts
jez said:
:lol: Would you like it even more if I said that there is a good chance a home tie could be hosted by Glasgow?!!.
You know what ?? I had prefered that Murray was english and not scottish.

Scotland a very nice place that i'm starting to hate thanks for Murray's supporters :silly:

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Galaxystorm said:
Another Murray's thread :eek:

The next one will be surely : " Murray , an erotic myth " :retard:
This is also a Djokovic thread, hence the reason I put both players in the post.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
joeyd2005 said:
This is also a Djokovic thread, hence the reason I put both players in the post.
Every thread is a Djokovic thread.

Djokovic would win 6-0 6-0 6-0, so clearly Murray is praying that this does not occur.

Oh, I'm JUST KIDDING. Relax.

Tipsarevic has actually been quite good in Davis Cup, btw. Mind you, he hasn't played any DC matches on grass.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
joeyd2005 said:
We are seeded.

well apparently Sergey Stakhovsky does not play Davis Cup for Ukraine. I think he does not even consider himself Ukrainian despite being listed as such. He may want to play for Russia or Poland I think.
Also Pashanski is playing better than Tipservic so he should also be viewed.

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Chloe le Bopper said:
Every thread is a Djokovic thread.

Djokovic would win 6-0 6-0 6-0, so clearly Murray is praying that this does not occur.

Oh, I'm JUST KIDDING. Relax.

Tipsarevic has actually been quite good in Davis Cup, btw. Mind you, he hasn't played any DC matches on grass.
He may not win 6-0 6-0 6-0, but he would win.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts