Registered
26,225 Posts
cecilija said:
his worst bagel was again lisnard :tape:
He was once bagelled by Lisnard? That is truly :eek: :eek: :tape: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
He is quite a volatile player - at least that is my opinion from the 1 or 2 matches I have seen of him. His serve is not particularly powerful so he struggles to get free points with it..and he can go off the boil for a good while in a match so it isn't too surprising.

What does amaze me is how many have come on clay though...but there again you could link that with my opinion on his serve.

·
Registered
440 Posts
;)

Monte Carlo, Monaco
Tennis Masters Series, 19-Apr-99, O, Clay , Draw: 56

R64 Spadea, Vincent (USA ) 33 6-7(3) 6

London / Queen's Club, England
International Series, 7-Jun-99, O, Grass , Draw: 56

R64 Black, Byron (ZIM ) 37 3-6 6

jez said:
Has Federer been bagelled on the ATP Tour at all?

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
ketibeti said:
ok, what's baggel or how it is called? just let me know, and i'llpost something too!
please
It´s a 6-0 set

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
ketibeti said:
ok, what's baggel or how it is called? just let me know, and i'llpost something too!
please
It's something you eat. It's round and it's a kind of a sweet bread, and it's very popular in the U.S. :lol:

BTW, did you guys know that here in Brazil, when someone loses a set 6-0 we call it "pneu" (which means tyre). If someone loses 6-0 6-0 we call it "bicicleta" (bicycle). And if someone loses a DC match or a GS match 6-0 6-0 6-0 we call it "triciclo" (tricycle)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Shotgun Blues said:
It's something you eat. It's round and it's a kind of a sweet bread, and it's very popular in the U.S. :lol:

BTW, did you guys know that here in Brazil, when someone loses a set 6-0 we call it "pneu" (which means tyre). If someone loses 6-0 6-0 we call it "bicicleta" (bicycle). And if someone loses a DC match or a GS match 6-0 6-0 6-0 we call it "triciclo" (tricycle)
I've heard people refering to a 6-0 6-0 match as "brille (glasses)" in german.

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
R.Federer said:
It is an impressive statistic, but Gaudio has not been a "top player" for all of those 5 years.
Yes, he's been a top player only in the past 1 1/2 years, so he was bagelled 2 or 3 times a year as a top player.
It doesn't sound that impressive, it's less than Hewitt last year, Nadal has also been bagelled 2 times this year...

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
The thing I love about this, is that bagel boy has won a Slam.

Congrats Gaston it takes skill to achieve this feat.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
GAston eats yet another bagel. I didn't get to see this but because the last set took maybe 15 minutes, it seems as though Mr. Gaudio had given up and was moving on.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
:eek:

·
La La Land
6,986 Posts
Yeah but this one was just :retard: but he won. The more unbelievable is that he was playing Rafa.

2005 Buenos Aires, Clay, Q
Argentina

Clay
Gaudio vs Nadal, winner Gaudio - 0 6 6 0 6 1

·
Registered
157 Posts
That's not surprising...I thought he had been bagelled more than that.
I've followed many of his matches, he pisses off so easily and so bad that he even pisses me off. That's why I HATE watching his games, it's really depressing. Nevertheless, he is a great player and I believe he deserves to be top.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts