Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mais le plus fort sur le court en ce jour, déterminé à ne pas laisser le Biterrois reprendre espoir, mettait fin aux souffrances du Français sur un énième service gagnant du natif de Cordoba que Gasquet retournait en dehors des limites du court. "Je ne sais pas si j'ai déjà joué un joueur qui joue aussi bien que lui, reconnaissait le Tricolore qui croisait pour la cinquième fois la route du Sud-Américain (pour un seul set remporté). Même avec Federer que j'ai joué six fois, je n'ai jamais ressenti cela. Il joue incroyable. Il est très, très fort."
Traduction:

"I don't know if i've ever played against a player who plays as well as him",admitted the french player who was playing Nalbandian for the fifth time(and he won only one set)."Even with Federer against who i played 6 times,i've never felt that way.He plays incredibly well.He is very very strong."

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
Not to that point but i have to admit that i was HUGELY impressed by his performance against nevertheless a good Federer this week.
Yeah, one coach made him a totally different person, I think.

·
Banned
73 Posts
Of course he played better :D because he has become more aggressive and has started bullying players (I wish he had started doing that a few years ago), and also handling his serve so well.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Nice from Gasquet to say that. I don't know if nalby will keep his form but damn, hard times for david's fans are over :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
The thing is Gasquet let his 0-4 winless record against Nalby get to his head and it was evident from the very first game of the match the he was willing to submit to Nalby. That's always his mentality with he plays against aggressive good players. You can't think that way Gasquet!!!!!! you need to play aggressively from START to FINISH! When he finally woke up and played aggressively for about 3 games, he outplayed Nalby, why can't you lear from that?

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
The thing is Gasquet let his 0-4 winless record against Nalby get to his head and it was evident from the very first game of the match the he was willing to submit to Nalby. That's always his mentality with he plays against aggressive good players. You can't think that way Gasquet!!!!!! you need to play aggressively from START to FINISH! When he finally woke up and played aggressively for about 3 games, he outplayed Nalby, why can't you lear from that?
do u think that is so easy to do??? :retard:

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
gasquet is not naturally aggressive in playing style, so the matchup with nalbandian is terrible. gasquet allows dave to play inside the baseline and if you allow that to happen david will run you ragged with his angles, spins and change of pace.

gasquet was trying to return david's serve in the parking lot :help:

at least against federer, those gasquet moonballs occasionally force errors. Nalbandian's bh is too solid and steady to break down.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Richie is too mentally soft to compete with the giants of tennis.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Nice to read this. It shows that Gasquet knows how an honorable man must lose. He could just say "I played horribly today" but instead of that he is giving the credit to his opponent. :bigclap:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Richie is too mentally soft to compete with the giants of tennis.
Richie struck a nerve there, did he?

Richie, that probably was not the smartest thing to say - Roger is gonna do his best to make you feel that way next time you play him. And Roger is always so complimentary to you...

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
:lol: Richie. Ever since he's been on tour, anyone who can take the ball early from both sides gives him fits (those players give anyone fits really). Even an aged Agassi destroyed him on clay by standing on the baseline (on clay!!) and taking he ball early.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Nice to read this. It shows that Gasquet knows how an honorable man must lose. He could just say "I played horribly today" but instead of that he is giving the credit to his opponent. :bigclap:
gasquet didnt play horribly today. thats how he usually plays :help:

·
Registered
188 Posts
No...Gasquet played pretty bad, and I felt that his passive, neutral shots made Nalbandian look better than he was, although certainly nothing can be taken away from David's performance--he made plenty of amazing shots that left me dumbfounded, plus his angles were SO sharp. It was an amazing match from him, and I agree with Gasquet that Nalbandian at his best is probably the best I've ever seen (since Sampras or a really on-top Agassi).

But really, Gasquet allowed him to play that way. He came to net just six or seven times, hit way too many soft, high balls, and didn't deviate the CC BH-CC BH exchange which David will win just about every time against anyone. His trademark BH DTL I've barely seen at all in 2007 when it was the shot that made me a fan of his to begin with back in 2005. I'm not one to criticize coaches since they do a damn good job, but Deblicker seems to really have been a bad influence on Gasquet.

Anyway, enough of that rant, those were really kind words. I hope Nalbandian knows what he said. :hug:

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
No...Gasquet played pretty bad, and I felt that his passive, neutral shots made Nalbandian look better than he was, although certainly nothing can be taken away from David's performance--he made plenty of amazing shots that left me dumbfounded, plus his angles were SO sharp. It was an amazing match from him, and I agree with Gasquet that Nalbandian at his best is probably the best I've ever seen (since Sampras or a really on-top Agassi).

But really, Gasquet allowed him to play that way. He came to net just six or seven times, hit way too many soft, high balls, and didn't deviate the CC BH-CC BH exchange which David will win just about every time against anyone. His trademark BH DTL I've barely seen at all in 2007 when it was the shot that made me a fan of his to begin with back in 2005. I'm not one to criticize coaches since they do a damn good job, but Deblicker seems to really have been a bad influence on Gasquet.

Anyway, enough of that rant, those were really kind words. I hope Nalbandian knows what he said. :hug:
:yeah:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts