Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It says his opponent retired. Does anyone know why?

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
he had a problem with his left leg me thinks, in set 4 he didnt seem to be moving well I think the injury occurred from set 2 when recovering a shot at the net

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm actually in a dorm room. Without cable. I haven't seen the match, so I have no idea what happened or why Gasquet lost the second set.

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
hmmm only gasquet knows why he lost the 2nd :rolleyes: he just looked slightly out of sorts he seemed to be slightly tired and his mind was probably wondering on to the 3rd set but then got his head straight again to take the 3rd

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
And he has this elbow tendinitis (? is it english) which bothers him. What is the psychological part of it I don't know. I didn't see the match but it seems that he started to serve WTA style because of that.
Fortunately for Richie, Galimberti was really really REALLY bad and injured as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Unfortunate for Richard's opponent, but Richard keep your run at the Open going!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tennis Fool said:
So what's the point of this post :p
hAhA oMg lOlz im goIn to winNnN vcAsH p0HG!!!111one!!!!!eleven!1!111

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
From what i've been reported: Gasquet played relatively well in the first set won 6-1 (relatively since it's the better he's done with his injury so far...he played far better before). Then Galimberti who just managed to won 7 matches on the main circuit so far in 10 years of career picked up his game a little bit and Gasquet played like absolute shit (so many UEs...) and called the trainer. We feared the worst at this moment thinking he would retire...He was getting massages at every time out apparently and played with no power...He lost this set... Then it was a little bit better from him (especially with his serve, he started serving relatively fast again...) but that was still an horrible match to watch with both players making lots of UEs. You could see Gasquet was rushing and wanted to win this match as sson as possible (i can't believe he lost a set to Galimberti even injured... :eek: ). He won this set 6-3. He then broke at the beginning of the fourth set but Galimberti retired for a problem with his leg/ankle...
Gasquet won't beat Ljubicic if his elbow still make him suffer and if he can't pick up his game. But he's done the least he had to do considering the condition...A third round is not so bad...

At least he has won some precious points.
Good luck Richard in the next round! You'll really need it! ;)
I really hope he forces himself to play at his best despite the pain or that his elbow holds for this match so that he could at least bother Ljubicic a little beat...
If the "Great Ivan" win it will be no surprise...

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
liptea said:
Well, I'm actually in a dorm room. Without cable. I haven't seen the match, so I have no idea what happened or why Gasquet lost the second set.
ur school has no free cable? :eek:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RDucky said:
ur school has no free cable? :eek:
Well, the recreational room does, the big room downstairs. But our individual rooms don't and people in the rec room rarely want to watch tennis. ;)

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
liptea said:
Well, the recreational room does, the big room downstairs. But our individual rooms don't and people in the rec room rarely want to watch tennis. ;)
that sucks..we have 150 channel on our TV's and each floor has huge flat screen in a launge. there where i watch it :) in HD http://www.plasma.com/samsungplasma/images/ppm42s3q_LG.jpg is hang on the wall

what school do you go to?

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
How bad was the elbow? Could those who watched the match share (I think the Ljubo fans are eager to find out too)? Did he really serve WTA-style? :eek:

Actually, I would rather he withdraw and not risk injuring his elbow further returning Ljubo's serves. It would make more sense than screwing up the rest of his season/next season.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Do you silly Gasquet fans intentionally pick funny pictures of him for your avatars? Oh, of course you do.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
silverwhite said:
Actually, I would rather he withdraw and not risk injuring his elbow further returning Ljubo's serves. It would make more sense than screwing up the rest of his season/next season.
I agree :lol: does not want to risk it..returing 130-140mph serves.
but im think there is something wrong with Ljubo to

at one point of match today..he won 27straight pts on serve..from end of 1st to middle of 2nd

then after winning game on 27th pt....next 3 games he goes down 00-40....he saved all 3 pts 1st 2 games..then got broken 3rd time..

so not sure whats going on. after that 27pts in row..i thought it was a fine.

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
Chloe said:
Do you silly Gasquet fans intentionally pick funny pictures of him for your avatars? Oh, of course you do.
It depends. This particular one was chosen because of the unusual expression he shows. :lol: Just like when you had the avatar of Rafael with the two fingers. ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
silverwhite said:
It depends. This particular one was chosen because of the unusual expression he shows. :lol: Just like when you had the avatar of Rafael with the two fingers. ;)
I thought of putting that one up after Montreal, but it was more effective to just bump threads.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts