• Nadal in 3

Votes: 28 20.1%
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be the first match of this MC.
Finally we have a match beetween them on another surface than Clay!
Considering their respective forms at the moment,i would say Gasquet in three.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'd have to go with you richie21. I think he will beat Nadal and Djokovic. Ferrer is a problem, but I expect him to get to the semifinals and win the whole thing.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nadal 6-2 6-3. Gasquet's first TMC match and he'll be nervous for sure.

I don't think he'll be more nervous than in the crucial match he played against Murray last week for example.
He had far more pressure against Murray(especially playing in Paris) than he'll have in this MC.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Gasquet defeating Nadal and Djokovic??????? honestly, I can't see him doing that, he has no guts.

·
2011 Here we go again!
10,542 Posts
Nadal in 3 sets 6-2 6-7(4) 6-3

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Nadal wins something like 6-3 4-6 6-2

·
Registered
911 Posts
Gasquet in 3 sets. 2-6, 7-6, 6-4

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
I don't think he'll be more nervous than in the crucial match he played against Murray last week for example.
He had far more pressure against Murray(especially playing in Paris) than he'll have in this MC.
The crowd gave him pressure and motivation. There'll just be pressure in Shanghai. :shrug:

·
Registered
911 Posts
I think there is more pressure on Nadal and the other players, as even Gasquet himself never really expected to make it this far. Expect Gasquet to start off nervously as always, and then find his way thereafter.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Nadal in 2. Nadal will never lose to someone who plays 10ft behind the baseline.

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
I think there is more pressure on Nadal and the other players, as even Gasquet himself never really expected to make it this far. Expect Gasquet to start off nervously as always, and then find his way thereafter.
But you probably saw Nadal against Baghdatis. Baggy had a chance but lost it. I don't think Gasquet has no chance at all, but he needs to do something he hasn't done against top players (mentality I guess) if he badly wants to beat him.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
It will depend on which Richard will show up. He will have to be really aggressive if he wants to have a chance. Good luck Rich!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
But you probably saw Nadal against Baghdatis. Baggy had a chance but lost it. I don't think Gasquet has no chance at all, but he needs to do something he hasn't done against top players (mentality I guess) if he badly wants to beat him.

Well,he has certainly done it in the MC 2005

1 - 20 of 106 Posts