Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Gasquet-Martin

yet another breakpoint to Gasquet at 3-3. second serve by Martin, long-ish rally ended by yet another UE on Gasquet FH. sigh

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

yeah but the only way it looked like he could break. Martin double faulted twice in a row to hand it on a plate to Richard. ALLEZ Richard!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

JustmeUK said:
yeah but the only way it looked like he could break. Martin double faulted twice in a row to hand it on a plate to Richard. ALLEZ Richard!
aaaah. you see i'm just following the livescoring so i didn't know how Richard broke. I was imagining a nice forehand winner or something. :eek:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

well he's now going to be serving for it.. hopefully he's through the hardest part now. he actually held his last service game quite easily. 4 first serves now would be nice Richard.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

30-0 :) way to go boyo.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

game set and match Gasquet.. whew :) congrats Richard.. is this the first 5 set win of his career?

Reactions: pryss

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Props Gasquet.
He didn't fall in such a huge concentration hole like Martin who double faulted twice to give him the break in the fifth. Gasquet could have blown himself earlier but at the end he could avoid going out to Alberto Martin which would have been quite a surprise because it had been against somebody who hardly ever did anything big of note on hardcourt or faster courts. Okay, then again you could say that Gasquet himself didn't reach anything big so far on this surface either, but he established himself firmly in the top 20 already with great allround results on clay and grass and therefore I rate him very very likely produce by far better results on hardcourt soon than Martin ever in his career (which actually isn't a hard thing to achieve at all).

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I'm so glad that's over, what an ordeal.

Well done Richard. :)

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
I second that Vincayou! god how many heart attacks did i have, i really thought he was gonna choke it!

ALLEZ RICHARD!!! :yeah:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
oyyye, my heart.

well done Richard. hopefully whatever's bothering him will clear up :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Martin was awful in that last set. He failed to do the basics - like get his first serve in play, no double faults, no careless errors.

Gasquet came alive again near the end but at the beginning of the set Gasquet looked exhausted and if Martin had simply kept the ball in play he would have broken. Instead he went for stupid high risk shots when Gasquet was really struggling and would have gifted him a few of the points with errors.

Gasquet is a quality player but Martin had that match and he failed to execute.

Some nice volleys from Martin but his serve is just horrible.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Congrats Richard :woohoo:
The first 5 sets win!!!
Richard played very well in the first 2 sets and then ke kind of lost his concentration and started to be very frustrated with so many UEs......
I was really angry after the 2 wasted MP in the 4st set and then the loss of the tie-break...But, he managed to win the 5th. He hold well and kept focused on the crucial moment of the 5th whereas Martin collapsed.
Well done Richard!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Congrats Gasquet! Now I'll take that as a important win for him, even if it's against an opponent which he supposedly should've and could've beaten in straights sets (close or not), and just because it's his five 5-set match win and debut at the USO main draw.

He probably knows what he needs to work on and I hope there isn't bothering him, he has such chances to make the R16, I hope he can do it! Allez! :p

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
:clap2: bravo Gasquet :bowdown:

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.