Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Richard Gasquet doesn't like to be trivial in his interviews. Away from the courts, hoping to make a comeback from a back injury that threatens to take him out from the French Open, Gasquet used some of his time off to concede an interview to the magazine Sport&Style. And Richard had a lot to say about his famous colleagues in the ATP World Tour.

"Federer and Nadal are not as confident as they may look like. Novak Djokovic instead, has a lot of self-confidence. What strikes me about Rafa is that even if he is facing the World No.100 he always is worried. I am sure that neither Federer nor Nadal have ever used doping substances. I can say the same thing about all the players that currently sit ahead of me in the ATP rankings" revealed the French, currently ranked at World No.11.

"I will never become a TV commentator. Whoever does it, tells just a whole lot of baloney. Former players forget too soon that once they were tennis players, and it is too easy to give advice or talk bad about former colleagues" also revealed Richard, who then admitted not to like Sugarpova candies and who tells that he switched from Lacoste to Le Coq Sportif for his attire just "because they offered me more money. Also it is a trendy brand, and I like the clothes they make".

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
"Federer and Nadal are not as confident as they may look like. Novak Djokovic instead, has a lot of self-confidence. What strikes me about Rafa is that even if he is facing the World No.100 he always is worried.
:angel: They say only those with a guilty conscience always look worried

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I'm not sure if the OP posted just a part of his interview, but I can't see where he said he was sure other players ahead of him are not doping. He can think this and that but there is no way he can know for sure what other players are doing.

As for Nole, Rafa and Fed ... Richie has a horrible h2h record against all of them. He's never win a match against Nadal, he one once/twice against Nole and Fed and that was a long time ago. I wouldn't bet a penny on Richie ever beating Nole/Rafa/Fed again ...

On the other hand, I love him. Many of us expected him to be a multiple slam winner back in 2006. There are some very good threads about him. He simply didn't improve or done anything since 2006/07. He even regressed. I still love watching him, but there is that feeling of a wasted talent. Also, I don't think he was ever hungry enough to win big things. I don't even think he cared that much. I predicted very early that Djokovic, Gasquet and Murray will be the ones to lead the tour when they were teenagers. I was right about Djokovic and Murray but so wrong about Richie ... I saw him as being a bit more talented than Djokovic and definitely more talented than Murray.

Again, there are pages and pages about Gasquet when he was a young upcoming player. I can't think of any other players who under-delivered so much in last 20 years or so. What a waste and I'm saying this because I was his huge fan and expected some amazing things from him ... All players have ups and downs but Gasquet simply stopped developing back in 2007 or so ... why and how, it doesn't really matter. I can write a book about Gasquet.

Sure enough, many guys here started saying 'oh, he was always overrated', blah, blah. I still think that Gasquet has never had a clear goal or any clear direction in his life. Oh, well ... sorry for a long post but Gasquet still frustrates the hell out of me.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
:haha:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
:devil:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
gasuet is no one to talk about doping... :spit:

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
What a waste and I'm saying this because I was his huge fan and expected some amazing things from him ... All players have ups and downs but Gasquet simply stopped developing back in 2007 or so ... why and how, it doesn't really matter. I can write a book about Gasquet.

Sure enough, many guys here started saying 'oh, he was always overrated', blah, blah. I still think that Gasquet has never had a clear goal or any clear direction in his life. Oh, well ... sorry for a long post but Gasquet still frustrates the hell out of me.
Basically, you are frustrated with him because he did not meet your expectations. I am afraid this is your problem, not his.

As for the Top Ten being clean, it is important to read the sentence following: "It would be more comfortable to think the opposite, but no."

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
He honestly thinks that Nadal is worried against a player ranked 100? Haha ok dude. Poor Reeshard has fallen for the humble trick. Also, Novak struggles a lot with confidence, hence his mental midgetry in many matches. Nadal doesn't do that.

Also, he is hardly going to say they are all dopers? None of us know who is doping and who isn't, that is the thing. Anyone could be doing it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts