Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little stumble in the third set but overall a good match.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
3R : Gasquet - Andreev 6:3 6:2 4:6 6:4

Mr Backhand defeated Mr Forehand. Could've done it in str8s, but played badly on BPs generally
It was a tough test and Richie passed it with a grade B
Pretty nervous end of that match, Andreev was the one more stressed

·
Ace Loveforty
83,411 Posts
good day for France

Gasquet isnt improving that forehand at all

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
good day for France

Gasquet isnt improving that forehand at all
Funnily enough,i thought his forehand was pretty good today (for once!).....actually his forehand was better than his backhand which was a bit off today.

Anyway good win from Richard although he'll be disappointed by his rate conversion on break points(5/14).
He almost thanked the third set to Andreev with his 2 double faults at 5-4 for Andreev.
Next,Tsonga :)

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Last year on Vodafone Arena Gasquet lost to Robredo after almost identical scoreline (4-6 2-6 6-3 4-6). This time the things turn around ;)
And against a very similar player to Robredo ,it must be add.
Andreev applied exactly the tactics Robredo applied against Gasquet last year: to play as much high balls as possible on Gasquet's backhand.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I agree with Richie21. Gasquet's hit some nice FH winners and this time the forehand was more of a weapon, he hit it more agressive than he's used to

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funnily enough,i thought his forehand was pretty good today (for once!).....actually his forehand was better than his backhand which was a bit off today.

Anyway good win from Richard although he'll be disappointed by his rate conversion on break points(5/14).
He almost thanked the third set to Andreev with his 2 double faults at 5-4 for Andreev.
Next,Tsonga :)
The first two sets his fh and bh were on fire. He made a lot UEs starting in the third set. He had many bps but failed to convert and had to rely on Andreev's mistakes to get the break. He needs to be more aggressive if he wants to beat Tsonga.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,411 Posts
I didnt watch the whole match (part of the 3d and the whole 4th) and in the parts I saw it wasnt any good, maybe earlier it was better

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didnt watch the whole match (part of the 3d and the whole 4th) and in the parts I saw it wasnt any good, maybe earlier it was better
Exactly. :)

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
The first two sets his fh and bh were on fire. He made a lot UEs starting in the third set. He had many bps but failed to convert and had to rely on Andreev's mistakes to get the break. He needs to be more aggressive if he wants to beat Tsonga.
Tsonga is very good and is very confident at the moment but personnally i feel Tsonga's game will suit him better than Andreev's game so i'm not afraid.
Today's game proves once again that Richard doesn't like to play against players who put many top spin high balls on his backhand.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tsonga is very good and is very confident at the moment but personnally i feel Tsonga's game will suit him better than Andreev's game so i'm not afraid.
Today's game proves once again that Richard doesn't like to play against players who put many top spin high balls on his backhand.
But Tsonga likes to play aggressively right away and Gasquet always start off passively. I'm afraid Tsonga might be too much for him.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

Anyway good win from Richard although he'll be disappointed by his rate conversion on break points(5/14).He almost thanked the third set to Andreev with his 2 double faults at 5-4 for Andreev.
I agree on both comments.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well done to Gasquet :D! I agree that Tsonga will be a tougher test, I really hope that Richard will come through this one, although Tsonga has the mental advantage at this point!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Well done to Gasquet :D! I agree that Tsonga will be a tougher test, I really hope that Richard will come through this one, although Tsonga has the mental advantage at this point!
Gasquet is 2-1 against Tsonga and has won their last encounter so i'm not sure Tsonga has any mental advantage on Gasquet.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gasquet is 2-1 against Tsonga and has won their last encounter so i'm not Tsonga has any mental advantage on Gasquet.
He/she probably means Tsonga is the more confident one whereas Gasquet can mentally break down during a match.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Good match overall from Richard. First two sets were excellent tennis and tactics:D. He was doing anything he wanted on the court. He even hit more winners on forehand then Andreev did (who has one of the best forehands). THird set, I think he lost focus at 4-5??!! He should be careful about that and today he got lucky he got away because Andreev missed a lot of shots in 4th set.

Tsonga plays different from Andreev, it will be very tough but Richard knows him very well, has more experience and is in very good form. It will be fun match. :)

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Good win for Richard, he has certainly improved his fitness and he exploited well enough Igor's running around his forehand. Igor was way too inconsistent to mount a serious challenge here.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Actually, Igor's forehand wasn't that impressive today. I've seen his better days

1 - 20 of 22 Posts