Discussion Starter #1
Who has the game`s greatest weapon? here are some of the entries:

1. Fed`s forehand
2. Nadal`s forehand
3. Roddick`s serve
4. Djokovic`s 2 handed backhand
5. Ferru`s speed
6. Fed`s movement

thoughts? who am i missing here? my own sense is that it may just be Nadal`s forehand that is the game`s greatest weapon. no player in history has ever had such a forehand and certainly nobody has ever been able to produce so much pace and topspin with it. when it is on, like at Roland Garros, he just destroys his rivals with it.

what do you think?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Gonzo backhand :worship:

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Coria's serve :rocker:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I would put Sam Querrey's backhand as the weapon that makes other players piss their pants.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
the greatest stand-alone weapon would probably be karlovic's serve. it's absolutely lethal and given that he has hardly a game to back it up, the results are truly unbelievable.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the greatest stand-alone weapon would probably be karlovic's serve. it's absolutely lethal and given that he has hardly a game to back it up, the results are truly unbelievable.
i think you have a point there. what a serve it is. they all fear it.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I don't think a serve can be greatest weapon, since it can only be used as a FIRST shot in only the player's SERVICE GAMES.

A great forehand can be used many times during a match, even to break the other opponent.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
No doubt Fed's forehand when he has time to set up and step up in the forecourt is a deadly weapon. Too good.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Ivo's serve. I mean, the guy is shooting from the clouds, and unless you have cat like reflexes, your not gonna get it back when he its hitting the corners.

Nadal's speed (esp. on the clay).

Roddick's FH (2003-2004)

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm tempted to say Fed's movement from that list.

yep. except for a little lapse at the Australian Open, i have only seen one player move better than Fed. it was Borg. it was impossible to catch him out of position.

Fed`s movement has to be one of the game`s top weapons of mass destruction. 12 slams attest to that.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wawrinka/Gasgay 1h backhands
Nadals Speed/Agility
Karlovic Serve

wawrinka does have a great backhand. especially on dirt where he is able to hit it with fair amount of topspin. lets see how it holds up under intense heat from Ferru tomorrow.

i am not sure about Gasgay. he is pretty much useless. his backhand breaks down more often than not.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Game's greatest Weapon: Clay Death predictions:p:p

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Has to be said.

Berrer's overheads

1 - 20 of 77 Posts