Mens Tennis Forums banner

Should the big three retire because of the worldwide pandemic?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fear most still don't fully get the implications of the worldwide pandemic with Corona Virus.

Life as we know is over.

Even if all the measures the world takes now are fruitful, the virus will always lingering, ready to break out again.

The moment the world truly can rejojce and life can go back to normal is when a vacchine is being developed and distributed around the world.

Estimated time from various experts for this happening: up to 18 months

Until that, mass gatherings with lots of people will be a risk the world is not going to take.

Federer is 38. Nadal is 33. Djokovic is 32.

They are all legends of the game already. Only massive tards like me care about the Slam record. It does not matter - they all will go down in history as athletes that defined the sport.

So why not quit now? They have proven everything.

Is it really worth it putting in all that effort to stay fit, even though we all have know idea when tennis actually can be played again? All the sacrifices they have to make, just so they may never play again anyways?

The only chance of tennis being played in the near future is with empty stands. But can you really imagine those legends doing that? Federers magic, Nadals grit, Djokovics wicked return, all in front of nobody to see? No. Its not possible. The kings of our sports deserve better.

They all have family. Friends. Another life waiting for them. Its time to take that step now.

Registered
I fear most still don't fully get the implications of the worldwide pandemic with Corona Virus.

Life as we know is over.

Even if all the measures the world takes now are fruitful, the virus will always lingering, ready to break out again.

The moment the world truly can rejojce and life can go back to normal is when a vacchine is being developed and distributed around the world.

Estimated time from various experts for this happening: up to 18 months

Until that, mass gatherings with lots of people will be a risk the world is not going to take.

Federer is 38. Nadal is 33. Djokovic is 32.

They are all legends of the game already. Only massive tards like me care about the Slam record. It does not matter - they all will go down in history as athletes that defined the sport.

So why not quit now? They have proven everything.

Is it really worth it putting in all that effort to stay fit, even though we all have know idea when tennis actually can be played again? All the sacrifices they have to make, just so they may never play again anyways?

The only chance of tennis being played in the near future is with empty stands. But can you really imagine those legends doing that? Federers magic, Nadals grit, Djokovics wicked return, all in front of nobody to see? No. Its not possible. The kings of our sports deserve better.

They all have family. Friends. Another life waiting for them. Its time to take that step now.
sssss

|
Rafa doesn't care about Federer/Djokovic.
Federer/Djokovic can retire if they want, or continue, it has no impact on Rafa.
Rafa has always said he'll continue playing for as long as he's good enough to compete for big titles.
The losers around him can come and go as they please, no difference.

Registered
U gotta give credit to fedtards.No one delevires as much as them jajaja

Registered
Lol, nice try lumping together 39 years old Fed and 33/34 Novak/Rafa
jajaja, subtle troll attempt to get everyone to quit and Fed to stay with all the records. If Fed managed to do that he'd be GOATest of all sports.

Registered
According to some U.S. documents, COVID-19 would last about 18 months. Then, maybe Federer is done.

Registered
I disagree. They can chill now and enjoy their lives a family men and go full attack whenever tennis resumes.

Sure, empty stands will be a thing, but they fight for history first and foremost. I see them all thriving once again and dominating the tour, whenever tennis resumes.

I guess they are in a good spot. They are rich men and they an enjoy life in other ways now and get a break from tennis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts