Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a win for the DRC's finest! Knocking off world #971. There will be a Congolese in the ATP in 2 weeks!

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in all seriousness a shocking result. 27 year old local part timer knocks off a top 1000 player

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
i dont know them. but its great to see some threads about futures results on GM :bowdown:

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
thats true. real tennis is on futures, i dont know anyone who attends futures tournaments and stop doing it. its amazing, they put a lot of heart in every point

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
lol

real tennis is on futures, i dont know anyone who attends futures tournaments and stop doing it. its amazing, they put a lot of heart in every point
lol

Passion or drama does not equal quality. They can put a lot of heart in it but in the end it's still a shitfest

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
its not a shitfest. im sure you havent been at many futures(i d bet you havent been at any of them)

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
As opposed to the ATP's fake tennis? :confused:
you see a lot of tanking and not trying 100% on atp, thats for sure. you are blind if you are denying it

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Ah yes, the Futures circuit, where players always give their all, never fix, and never tank. And play REAL TENNIS(TM)
i find it better going to some future with some of my players than madrid open to see the top 10 guys ;)
and if you went to more futures, you would appreciate them too. they are epic! deserve a visit, really

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
i find it better going to some future with some of my players than madrid open to see the top 10 guys ;)
and if you went to more futures, you would appreciate them too. they are epic! deserve a visit, really
I absolutely would love to. Unfortunately, the closest one is 5 hours away by car from where I live. Same with Challengers. Welcome to life in the US Midwest.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
its not a shitfest. im sure you havent been at many futures(i d bet you havent been at any of them)
I haven't but that's not because i was not interested in it but because i didn't have the chance to do it :shrug: My town in Romania will never have a tennis event (not even a futures one) and i didn't really bother to travel in other towns for futures events

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I absolutely would love to. Unfortunately, the closest one is 5 hours away by car from where I live. Same with Challengers. Welcome to life in the US Midwest.
go to a division 1 NCAA match. Where do you live? Plenty of college players play futures and make quarter and semi runs. Even mediocre college players can qualify for futures and wina round here and there.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
go to a division 1 NCAA match. Where do you live? Plenty of college players play futures and make quarter and semi runs. Even mediocre college players can qualify for futures and wina round here and there.
Well, that's not to say I never see that level of tennis live. I live in the great and unpredictable as fuck state of Michigan :)

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, that's not to say I never see that level of tennis live. I live in the great and unpredictable as fuck state of Michigan :)
you could then go to Ann Arbor and see Michigan play. They have produced Evan King and Jason Jung, upper future low challenger level play. Also Michigan State had a player (John Patrick Mullane) make an unexpected run to the quarters in a future event. There's some good stuff. Even Western Michigan has Nadin Indre from Romania that can do some damage

and then when these schools play visiting schools like Ohio State you could see players like Conor Smith, Devin McCarthy, Blaz Rola, Peter Kobelt, Chase Buchanan etc. and that's just one visiting school

1 - 20 of 69 Posts