Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
funny things- When Serena and Venus kick everybodys ass and non-williams fans attack them for no reason.

When someone posts a pool: Serena against ?____?(fill in the blanks), or Venus vs ?____?(fill in the blanks) who will win, and it ends up being 50% 50%, at then end, Serena or Venus spank that player 6-3 6-2, or 6-2 6-2, or 6-2 6-1.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Those people who say they don't like negative threads but are the first one's posting their asses in them. LOL

People who say things like this: "I don't like GM, and that is why I stick to Non-tennis", then after the next reload you see them in GM in about 20 different threads.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Funny - People who continually say negative and degrading things about players (not only a Williams, not specifically Venus or Serena) and think it's ok. Yet, when someone criticizes *their* favorite player, it's Conspiracy Theory and heads will roll kind of attitude.

I guess the moral is: If you're gonna dish it out, you have to take it too.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seles but there is a line that people should not cross. it should not go to a personal level I think where it is a personal attack. i dont see anything wrong with saying a player is out of shape bc that concerns tennis, but then people will say somebody needs to retire which is silly since the person in question is still at least 2nd best.

anyway im going to try to think of something else funny.

i think it is funny when espn is saying they are showing a match live but on wtaworld.com you san see the score and it is different than what is on tv

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Seles said:
Funny - People who continually say negative and degrading things about players (not only a Williams, not specifically Venus or Serena) and think it's ok. Yet, when someone criticizes *their* favorite player, it's Conspiracy Theory and heads will roll kind of attitude.

I guess the moral is: If you're gonna dish it out, you have to take it too.
This would definately account for the top 5 of wtaworlds all time "funny moments" ;) in my books :eek:

Exhibit A:

Case Study - Superhero:

regarding Jenn pulling out of a tournament:

If Jen has a sore throat, she should have still played, don't tell me soar throat lasts for two weeks.
She would have been ready to play by tuesday or wednesday.
Soar throat is annoying, but doesn't last too long.
I'm sure someone could give her something to take for throat, afterall, she can more then afford medical assistance.
That is a baaaaaaaad excuse.
Venus says, not close to exact quote, but it's what she meant:
I am exhausted. I will not play Zurich, instead I'll play Moscow this week, and that's all I can play, do not want to get injured...
regarding the ficticious tale provided by gogogirl, that made fun of many non-williams top players:

LOL

that was hilarous.
still rolling on floor and somehow managing to type

and:

Ryan, too bad that u seem to have no fun, maybe it is because Martina is ranked tenth, and Venus and Serena are at the top right now... I guess that is it.

Tough luck.

Then in this thread:

funny things- When Serena and Venus kick everybodys ass and non-williams fans attack them for no reason.

When someone posts a pool: Serena against ?____?(fill in the blanks), or Venus vs ?____?(fill in the blanks) who will win, and it ends up being 50% 50%, at then end, Serena or Venus spank that player 6-3 6-2, or 6-2 6-2, or 6-2 6-1.

Thanks for the laugh :kiss:

Stay tuned for Case Study 2 - Tee Rexx :kiss:

·
Registered
56 Posts
(Drumroll please) The funniest thing I have ever seen on the board happened about 5 days ago. I laughed my ass off!:D:D:D

Hell I am still laughing.:)

·
Registered
611 Posts
i think it's funny when people are total trouble makers, constantly stirring up shit, causing fights, making accusations, whining, retaliating...

and then they report a post....

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
anton said:
seles but there is a line that people should not cross. it should not go to a personal level I think where it is a personal attack. i dont see anything wrong with saying a player is out of shape bc that concerns tennis, but then people will say somebody needs to retire which is silly since the person in question is still at least 2nd best.
Guilty conscience?

Just kidding :) Now, that was funny!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Poe you must be laughing at your board alot.:) Also yeah I do laugh alot anymore on the board. There are so many things I find hilarious.:) It's like Freak it, and just have fun.:)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts