Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if some people had a similar problem. Every time my friends lose after a game they tell me to leave, yes and they are serious about it.
My friends are upset because I use the same trick over again in Mortal Kombat for example or Soul caliber where I can play as myself. One time I was forced to play 32 consecutive matches because my friend wanted to win just once which resulted in another kick from home in the end. Yes I use the same tricks and even make funny noises when I win, but doesnt give you the right to kick me out. I'm competitive and I hate losing... if I can win with only one or 2 moves I will do that every time. Seriously if I'm using the same trick over again, arent you supposed to easily counter that, you know what's coming, right? They dont like my arguments because playing against me results in a ugly boring match. Another friend refuses to invite me at all after I camped the whole match in Call of Duty.
What should I do?

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
I was wondering if some people had a similar problem. Every time my friends lose after a game they tell me to leave, yes and they are serious about it.
My friends are upset because I use the same trick over again in Mortal Kombat for example or Soul caliber where I can play as myself. One time I was forced to play 32 consecutive matches because my friend wanted to win just once which resulted in another kick from home in the end. Yes I use the same tricks and even make funny noises when I win, but doesnt give you the right to kick me out. I'm competitive and I hate losing... if I can win with only one or 2 moves I will do that every time. Seriously if I'm using the same trick over again, arent you supposed to easily counter that, you know what's coming, right? They dont like my arguments because playing against me results in a ugly boring match. Another friend refuses to invite me at all after I camped the whole match in Call of Duty.
What should I do?
So you're a pusher at the local club, then?

My club has plenty of guys exactly like this.

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
As expected, you're 15 years old.

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
No he is a law student...
Yeah and Raferminator really was that girl he claimed to be in the "Pics of MTF members" thread :haha: A law student who makes "funny noises" when he wins in a video game, classic

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah and Raferminator really was that girl he claimed to be in the "Pics of MTF members" thread :haha: A law student who makes "funny noises" when he wins in a video game, classic

You got me...

Are you a detective by any chance?

·
Registered
22,597 Posts
Charge them for assault. You're not allowed to kick people without their consent.

·
Registered
622 Posts
OMG this thread is gold :haha: :haha:
:bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Ha Ha Ha

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Being competitive is sporty. Being obnoxious is not.

Adolescent kids lack that calm tuning , and what you described associate with kids play. One of you need to start growing up, you either purposely let him win WITHOUT him knowing or try to teach him to be better.

I think the letter is by far better option, since younger people do not lack determination. If he does, however, then swallow your pride if you are capable , that experience will help you greatly in forming solid character.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You should stop mentioning Djokovic every 2 seconds and nobody will kick you out then.
None of my friends watch tennis so I cant really talk about it.

Let them win obviously!
That's how I lost a friend. I'm your worst nightmare when you are competing against me. I truly wish I could let my pride slide, but its simply not in my nature to lose. I had a friend couple of years ago after dishing several fatalities, I knew the only thing that could break him is to let him know I purposely let him win. X threw the controller against the wall and havent spoken to me since then.

Look I'm a nice guy, angel who lives by the code of true friendship, but I must get this evil, dark matter which is caused by the society obviously out of my system, so I use innocent games or sports to unleach it. Why would you ever break a friendship because of a simple game? I play tennis once in a while and I cant wait until my opponent approaches the net so I can target him. I hate players who approach the net.

Being competitive is sporty. Being obnoxious is not.

Adolescent kids lack that calm tuning , and what you described associate with kids play. One of you need to start growing up, you either purposely let him win WITHOUT him knowing or try to teach him to be better.

I think the letter is by far better option, since younger people do not lack determination. If he does, however, then swallow your pride if you are capable , that experience will help you greatly in forming solid character.
That's the problem right there. I dont want to lose without them knowing as I worked too damn hard to get where I am. Do you have any idea how many winning streaks I have against them? I dont want to teach them to be better either, so they can beat me. Once they are better than me they will return the favor big time and make noises I never heard before. I must protect meself by winning all future matches.

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
That's how I lost a friend. I'm your worst nightmare when you are competing against me. I truly wish I could let my pride slide, but its simply not in my nature to lose. I had a friend couple of years ago after dishing several fatalities, I knew the only thing that could break him is to let him know I purposely let him win. X threw the controller against the wall and havent spoken to me since then.

Look I'm a nice guy, angel who lives by the code of true friendship, but I must get this evil, dark matter which is caused by the society obviously out of my system, so I use innocent games or sports to unleach it. Why would you ever break a friendship because of a simple game? I play tennis once in a while and I cant wait until my opponent approaches the net so I can target him. I hate players who approach the net.
Ok so basically you're just an asshole IRL as well. Surprising that you're losing friends then. Thanks for sharing.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,536 Posts

Look I'm a nice guy, angel who lives by the code of true friendship, but I must get this evil, dark matter which is caused by the society obviously out of my system, so I use innocent games or sports to unleach it.
I'm tell you bout a similar game called "Injustice - Gods among us" (DC and Marvel crossover). I kept kicking ass when I used Aquaman, because Aquaman has real good reach with his trident and has a lot of powerful moves. So he asked me to use a different character. Then my friend came up with an insane Bane and I'd keep losing in streaks when I didn't use Aquaman usually. The key really is to mix things up. Then there was another character who can keep shooting from a distance in long streaks and won't let you near them (Deathstroke), and another who sends meteors from the sky at their feet and stops them moving forward (Sinestro). We figured we needed to compromise to make it work, and sometimes opted not to use 'dick' moves as often as we'd like.

So, if you keep beating them with your character, try changing to another perhaps to change the mood. It should be can't be you always win, unless there is some trick that gives you superior advantage every time. If you keep using the same tactic over and over again, it can't be fun. So change something!

I still beat my friend at a rate of 3:1 or at best 5:1. That's how it should be. You should never be able to beat them 10 times in a row. And no love is lost. When my friend using the Joker gets me with his gun, I just have to say, "Too good" and laugh while the cutscene humiliates my character. All in fun.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,319 Posts
None of my friends watch tennis so I cant really talk about it.

That's the problem right there. I dont want to lose without them knowing as I worked too damn hard to get where I am. Do you have any idea how many winning streaks I have against them? I dont want to teach them to be better either, so they can beat me. Once they are better than me they will return the favor big time and make noises I never heard before. I must protect meself by winning all future matches.
I think it's funny that you don't realise how big of an asshole you are. Good God!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts