Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday's schedule - will one semi be on Lenglen? [Both matches on Chatrier!]

Since all four women's and men's semis will be on Friday and they can't dare put both women's matches on SL...

Fraudull will surely be on Chatrier while Faker vs. Thiem/Khachanov will be relegated to Lenglen. Thoughts?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Re: Friday's schedule - one semi will be on Lenglen

Since all four women's and men's semis will be on Friday and they can't dare put both women's matches on SL...

Fraudull will surely be on Chatrier while Faker vs. Thiem/Khachanov will be relegated to Lenglen. Thoughts?
It's not a fact. They sold separate tickets for the men's SFs so I don't think they can just replace a men's SF with a women's SF. The tickets for 1 men's SF are more expensive than tickets for 2 women's SFs.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts

It's not like any of those matches are relegated to numbered courts. I still fail to see the big deal about this or that match being assigned to whichever showcourt.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts

I didnt know that Faker has won already

Well said, best not to dismiss Zverev. Djokovic should win, but Zverev could make him work. We have seen how Djokovic struggles to recover from tough matches these days.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

Well said, best not to dismiss Zverev. Djokovic should win, but Zverev could make him work. We have seen how Djokovic struggles to recover from tough matches these days.
nole didn't have a tough match before the zverev encounter, so what are you talking about? :scratch:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Novak vs Thiem another episode on Lenglen, given they both win their respective QF...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It's not a fact. They sold separate tickets for the men's SFs so I don't think they can just replace a men's SF with a women's SF. The tickets for 1 men's SF are more expensive than tickets for 2 women's SFs.
Sure they can. There's a clause in most ticket agreements that says "court assignments subject to change" or something like that.

The politically correct, chronically butthurt crowd would never stand for two women's matches being on a "lesser" court for two men's matches.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts

Both SFs at the same time would be horrible once again.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

It's not like any of those matches are relegated to numbered courts. I still fail to see the big deal about this or that match being assigned to whichever showcourt.
This is an unforeseen situation so there is nothing "unethical" or "wrong" about putting all the cancelled Chatrier matches of today to move to Lenglen another day. So long as the same applies for any other delayed/cancelled match

Because the principle that delayed matches are can be relocated to an unplanned venue is already established.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
I did see a tweet somewhere that hinted at both men's matches being on PC (to honor Friday ticketholders), one women's semi on SL and the other on SM. This would contradict my OP (and would SHOCK me). It would also create outrage amongst the SJW crowd (which I would love).
Please. :worship:

·
justice for all
13,092 Posts
I think it's the most sensible solution to schedule one SF on PC and the other on SL starting at roughly the same time especially with uncertain weather forecasts for Friday.

·
Your visions will happen
47,112 Posts
Well do you want to prioritize fair rest or do you want to prioritize the business of the game?

I have no problem with either. I'm off work and I can watch multiple streams so for me I'd just like to see everyone get their matches in before more potential rain

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Do something like this :

PC
12.00 Women SF 1
Followed by Men SF1

SL

12.00 Men SF 2

SM
12.00 Women SF2

That way, the two semis will overlap but not entirely and as they'll get a rest day on Saturday, the slight difference won't be that bad.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Do something like this :

PC
12.00 Women SF 1
Followed by Men SF1

SL

12.00 Men SF 2

SM
12.00 Women SF2

That way, the two semis will overlap but not entirely and as they'll get a rest day on Saturday, the slight difference won't be that bad.
The most sensible and workable solution. I agree with you entirely.

The only thing is that it's scheduled to rain around 12, but there would be enough time in dry weather to complete those matches. SF1 would have to be Nadal vs Federer.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts