Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I hope he does it - go on Taylor, Dent Roddick's hopes! (bad pun, but it was irresistible, sorry)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Dent is serving for the set at 5-4. He is my final hope for the day.

Well, aside from Grosjean who is somewhat of a fave, but I'm sour about that tournament for the next half hour or so until I get over it, so I'm not worried about him.

I don't particularly care about Dent, but I hold out hope that he can beat Roddick. I really don't know what would make me think he can beat Roddick, seeing as he's never done it before, but stranger things have happened.

Speaking of strange things, how about Fishy things? Three days ago I made the comment to somebody "take away Mardy's two wins against Moya, and he's done piss all this year", or something equally polite. I guess he must have heard me, and wanted to make me look as silly as possible.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Ah, Fishy! Glad you brought him up, Becca, I must have been the only one rooting for him against Moya at the AO - trust me, I have absolutely nothing against the potato-peeler incarnate (to use a rather annoying phrase for a Hewitt-beater) - but I really wanted to see whether he could do it again two weeks in a row.

And then Mardy topped it off by choking away a two-sets to one, 4-1 lead in the fourth set against Ferreira the next round and lost the last 11 games of the match, showing that he's still some way to go before he makes it to Roddick and Blake's level of success.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
The worst part about that loss to Ferreira was that Ferrero-Santoro was going on at the exact same time, so I stayed infront of the TV and watched Mardy have his collapsed, listened to the commentators raving about the other match, and waiting for them to turn to it. Of course they merely ended coverage after showing Mardy tank the rest of his match away in a childish fit. Charming!

I also have Gaudio left today, I had almost forgotten about him. He shouldn't really have problems with Chela on this surface though, so that is likely why I had forgotten about him.

As for Fish - I wasn't rooting for him against Moya, but I did tune in with more than a little curiosity over wether or not he could turn the trick again, or at least make it interesting. I watched the last set of that on ESPN, just to see if he'd give a nice little reaction when he caused the biggest grand slam upset of his carreer. I seem to recall that he didn't dissapoint.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I think that Chela has won the two matches he has played against Gaudio, but looking at the scores they are both retirements by Gaudio in the final set, so good luck Gaston!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Maybe I underestimate Chela, but I just think that Gaudio will handle him well on this surface, at home. He'll likely be the crowd fave, thanks to his Davis Cup results at home.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
T. Dent def. V. Voltchkov 7-6(1) 6-2

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Woo-hoo! Onwards and upwards, Denty!

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Roddick wins 6-4 6-4 against Ginepri :)